Employment Opportunities at the ATP
The ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) is the governing body of the men's professional tennis circuits - the ATP World Tour, the ATP Challenger Tour and the ATP Champions Tour. With 61 tournaments in 31 countries, the ATP World Tour showcases the finest male athletes competing in the world’s most exciting venues. The purpose of the ATP is to own, sanction, schedule and administer one or more circuits of professional tennis tournaments; to own one or more professional tennis tournaments; to develop, promulgate, and administer rules, regulations and grievance procedures to ensure the fair and orderly conduct of professional tennis tournaments and circuits thereof and the sport of professional tennis; to promote and further the interest of professional tennis players and professional tennis tournaments and circuits thereof throughout the world; to promote the interest of one or more public charities; to improve the conditions under which professional tennis players engage in their occupation; to increase the status and public perception of professional tennis as a major world class international sport; to promote and protect the future of the sport of professional tennis; and to encourage interest in the sport of tennis.
Communications: Media/Public Relations Servicing
Manager, Media Information - ATP Tour, Inc. (Ponte Vedra Beach, FL)
Job Purpose & Reporting
Responsible for production of ATP media information and implementation of PR & marketing activities.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President of PR & Marketing and is based in the Ponte Vedra Office - International Headquarters.
Responsibilities & Goals
- Develops ATP media information, publications and website, promoting awareness for publications developed elsewhere to ensure relevance and sensitivity to tournaments, players, media and fans;
- Develops and implements ATP PR & marketing activities with the objective of raising the profile, awareness and image of the ATP, players and tournaments in his / her respective region;
- Proactively develops, researches and pitches sports and off-sports story angles in his / her respective region;
- Represents ATP to on-site media outlets, responds to questions about players and ATP, facilitates interview requests;
- Liaises with Tournament Directors to coordinate player media and promotional activities and advises and coordinates these requests with players and their representatives;
- Handles all on-site media interview requests and assists in fulfilling promotional and sponsor-related requests for players;
- Coordinates all mandatory post-match interviews as well as one-on-one interviews; advises players on scope/content of upcoming interviews;
- Updates existing media contact and historical results databases;
- Collects daily press clippings and electronic news videos;
- Contributes to one or more of the following projects: ATP/Player Clipping and Photo Database, Media Guide, Website Content, Branding, ATP World Tour Uncovered TV Show and/or other special projects handled by PR & Marketing Department.
- Develops and maintains active and positive relationships with all target groups especially players, tournament directors, media and sponsors in his / her respective region to inform and engage them in ATP operations, initiatives and activities;
- Coordinate advance publicity with tournament press and PR officers;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Extensive tennis knowledge;
- Experience in public relations, media and communications;
- Computer skills;
- Fluency in at least two languages (English + one);
- Up to 10 weeks of travel to tournaments.
Apply for Future Notification – ATP World Tour and its Tournaments (Various Locations)