Employment Opportunities at the ATP
The ATP Tour, Inc. is the governing body of the men's professional tennis circuits - the ATP World Tour, the ATP Challenger Tour and the ATP Champions Tour. With 62 tournaments in 31 countries, the ATP World Tour showcases the finest male athletes competing in the world’s most exciting venues. The purpose of the ATP is to own, sanction, schedule and administer one or more circuits of professional tennis tournaments; to own one or more professional tennis tournaments; to develop, promulgate, and administer rules, regulations and grievance procedures to ensure the fair and orderly conduct of professional tennis tournaments and circuits thereof and the sport of professional tennis; to promote and further the interest of professional tennis players and professional tennis tournaments and circuits thereof throughout the world; to promote the interest of one or more public charities; to improve the conditions under which professional tennis players engage in their occupation; to increase the status and public perception of professional tennis as a major world class international sport; to promote and protect the future of the sport of professional tennis; and to encourage interest in the sport of tennis.
Freelance Website Writer/Editor - ATP Tour Inc. (Ponte Vedra Beach, Fl.)
ATP is seeking a freelance writer/editor based in the Eastern Time Zone to contribute to its English Digital Media channels for up to 40 hours a week on a contract basis. You must be able to work independently but also cohesively within our team of editors. You will be expected to work most weekends throughout the year and also at nights during certain periods of the season. You may be required to occasionally travel to tournaments to gather written and video content, but the majority of your work will be done from your home office.
You will be expected to provide your own PC and required software.
- Write accurate, compelling and timely match reports, features and general news stories for ATP World Tour.com. Make other content posts including player and tournament updates, photo galleries, video galleries, charity content and more;
- Consistently generate fresh content ideas and contribute to our overall digital media strategy;
- Make updates and posts to social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Google+ and more and to the ATP Challenger Tour website;
- Proof read stories written by other ATP Digital Media editors;
- Work to increase traffic referrals to ATPWorldTour.com and to syndicate our content to third-party digital media channels;
- Provide daily quality assurance checks of ATP digital assets and work with IT staff to document and troubleshoot technical problems;
- Produce, proofread and send ATP email assets, including media releases, the Weekly and Insider newsletters and daily results;
- Generate digital content for ATP partners including Corona, FedEx, Emirates, Moet & Chandon and Tecnifibre.
- Excellent English writing skills. Second language preferred;
- Exceptional tennis knowledge, both past and present;
- Prior experience working on websites and social media channels within the tennis industry;
- High attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently, at nights and weekends, and to exercise sound editorial judgement;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues in different time zones around the globe;
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines;
- Experience working with content management systems;
- Experience working with Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere and HTML.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:1. Are you in the Eastern Time Zone?
2. What is the basis of your tennis knowledge?
Apply for Future Notification – ATP World Tour and its Tournaments (Various Locations)