Employment Opportunities at the ATP
The ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) is the governing body of the men's professional tennis circuits - the ATP World Tour, the ATP Challenger Tour and the ATP Champions Tour. With 61 tournaments in 30 countries, the ATP World Tour showcases the finest male athletes competing in the world’s most exciting venues. From Australia and Europe to Africa; from North and South America to Asia, the stars of the ATP World Tour battle for prestigious titles at Grand Slams (non ATP members), ATP World Tour Masters 1000, ATP World Tour 500 and ATP World Tour 250 events. At the end of the season the world’s top 8 ranked singles players and top 8 doubles teams, based on their performance throughout the year, will qualify to compete in the season’s climax - the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals. Held at The O2 in London, the event will officially crown the year-end ATP World Tour No. 1 presented by Emirates.
The Staff Accountant of the ATP Tour reports to the Controller and is responsible for maintaining general ledger, reconciliation of the accounts and timely preparation of monthly financial statements.
Key Results to be Achieved
- Timely and effective preparation of Journal Entries and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Effective review of financial statements for possible inconsistencies or errors.
- Timely preparation of ad hoc analysis and special projects with emphasis on quality presentation.
- Constant coordination and communication with all levels of ATP Tour to assure quality level of service to all areas of the company, both internal and external.
- Preparing journal entries (monthly, recurring, correcting)
- Reconciling balance sheet accounts
- Report on fixed assets Reconciling income statement accounts
- Preparing departmental income statements
- Preparing cash flow analysis Assist during external audit by preparing working papers
- Assist in preparation of financial board reports Assist in preparation of tax returns Assist in preparation of annual budget and business plan
- Create various ad hoc analysis and reports as needed
- Assist as back up for AP Accountant, AR Accountant and Prize Money Coordinator (as needed)
Key Performance Measures
Such measures generally coincide with the key results to be obtained above. However, certain other performance measures also exist. These would include satisfactory completion of the annual audit with no reporting of reportable conditions, positive reports from function heads, and good communication skills.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Minimum education: BA in Accounting/Finance and CPA exam ready candidate
- Minimum work experience in accounting/audit field 2-5 years
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people from different cultures
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel
- Second Language
- Knowledge of SAGE MAS accounting software, plus
- Knowledge of tax exempt, plus
Interested candidates should apply online.
Apply for Future Notification – ATP World Tour and its Tournaments (Various Locations)