Employment Opportunities at the ATP
The ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) is the governing body of the men's professional tennis circuits - the ATP World Tour, the ATP Challenger Tour and the ATP Champions Tour. With 61 tournaments in 31 countries, the ATP World Tour showcases the finest male athletes competing in the world’s most exciting venues. From Australia and Europe to Africa; from North and South America to Asia, the stars of the ATP World Tour battle for prestigious titles at Grand Slams (non ATP members), ATP World Tour Masters 1000, ATP World Tour 500 and ATP World Tour 250 events. At the end of the season the world’s top 8 ranked singles players and top 8 doubles teams, based on their performance throughout the year, will qualify to compete in the season’s climax - the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals. Held at The O2 in London, the event will officially crown the year-end ATP World Tour No. 1 presented by Emirates.
The Staff Accountant of the ATP Tour reports to the Controller and is responsible for maintaining general ledger, reconciliation of the accounts and timely preparation of monthly financial statements.
Key Results to be Achieved
- Timely and effective preparation of Journal Entries and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Effective review of financial statements for possible inconsistencies or errors.
- Timely preparation of ad hoc analysis and special projects with emphasis on quality presentation.
- Constant coordination and communication with all levels of ATP Tour to assure quality level of service to all areas of the company, both internal and external.
- Preparing journal entries (monthly, recurring, correcting)
- Reconciling balance sheet accounts
- Report on fixed assets Reconciling income statement accounts
- Preparing departmental income statements
- Preparing cash flow analysis Assist during external audit by preparing working papers
- Assist in preparation of financial board reports Assist in preparation of tax returns Assist in preparation of annual budget and business plan
- Create various ad hoc analysis and reports as needed
- Assist as back up for AP Accountant, AR Accountant and Prize Money Coordinator (as needed)
Key Performance Measures
Such measures generally coincide with the key results to be obtained above. However, certain other performance measures also exist. These would include satisfactory completion of the annual audit with no reporting of reportable conditions, positive reports from function heads, and good communication skills.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Minimum education: BA in Accounting/Finance and CPA exam ready candidate
- Minimum work experience in accounting/audit field 2-5 years
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people from different cultures
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel
- Second Language
- Knowledge of SAGE MAS accounting software, plus
- Knowledge of tax exempt, plus
Interested candidates should apply online.
ATP is seeking a native Chinese speaking freelance writer/editor, located within the Eastern Standard time zone to contribute to its Chinese Digital Media channels. The position will be filled by someone with excellent English and Chinese writing skills who will contribute to the ATP’s Chinese-language digital properties.
All applicants must have a strong tennis knowledge and proven experience working with content management systems, HTML, Photoshop and Adobe Premiere Elements. Applicant must be able to work independently but also cohesively within our team of editors. The editor should be able to work weekends throughout the year and also at nights during certain periods of the season. Travel may be required to occasionally to tournaments or the ATP office. For up to the first 30 days, this editor will be located at the Ponte Vedra Beach ATP Corporate office to train on the content management system and website best practices. Following this period, the assignments can be completed from the writer/editor's home base, however, such location must be equipped with high speed internet capabilities, landline, mobile phone and regular video conferencing and Skype communications.
1. Write accurate, compelling and timely match reports and news stories for the Chinese ATP Tour website at http://cn.ATPWorldTour.com.
2. Make content posts including player and tournament updates, photo galleries, video galleries, charity content and more.
3. Provide strategic ideas and content direction for cn.ATPWorldTour.com, ensuring that our Chinese website and social media channels always deliver relevant, timely and compelling and customized content for our Chinese-speaking fans.
4. Monitor our Chinese assets on a daily basis and liaise daily with our Chinese webteam editors, who are located in Shanghai.
5. Make updates and posts to Chinese social media channels including Sina Weibo, Tencent Weibo and RenRen.
6. Proofread stories written by other ATP Digital Media Chinese editors.
7. Work to increase traffic referrals from other Chinese websites and social media channels back to our website.
8. Provide daily quality assurance checks of ATP digital assets and work with IT staff to document and troubleshoot technical problems.
9. Produce, proofread and send ATP email assets, including media releases, the Weekly and Insider newsletters and daily results.
10. Generate digital content for ATP partners.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must speak English and Chinese fluently and be located in Eastern Standard Time Zone.
• Excellent English and Chinese writing skills.
• Exceptional tennis knowledge, both past and present.
• Prior experience working on websites and social media channels within the tennis industry
• High attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently, at nights and weekends, and to exercise sound editorial judgment.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues in China using video conferencing and Skype tools.
• Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
• Experience working in Dreamweaver Photoshop and HTML.
• Experience working with a content management system.
• Willingness to learn new technical skills.
Interested candidates should apply online.
Apply for Future Notification – ATP World Tour and its Tournaments (Various Locations)