Employment Opportunities at the ATP
- Digital Media - Freelance Writer/Editor
- Digital Media Internship - Computer Programming
- Internship - Digital Media - Spanish Speaking
Digital Media - Freelance Writer/Editor
ATP is seeking a freelance tennis writer/editor based in the United States’ Eastern or Central Time zones or South America to contribute to its English and Spanish Digital Media channels. You must have excellent English and Spanish writing skills, a strong tennis knowledge and proven experience working with content management systems, HTML, Photoshop and Adobe Premiere Elements. You must be able to work independently but also cohesively within our team of editors. You will be expected to work most weekends throughout the year and also at nights during certain periods of the season. You may be required to occasionally travel to tournaments, but the majority of your work will be done from your home or home office. You will be expected to work around 30 hours most weeks during the season from January through mid November.
Please only apply if you have excellent English and Spanish writing skills, a mandatory requirement for this position.
ATP is the governing body of the men's professional tennis circuits - the ATP World Tour, the ATP Challenger Tour and the ATP Champions Tour.
• Write accurate, compelling and timely match reports and general news stories for ATPWorldTour.com and ATPWorldTour.com en Espanol. Make other content posts including player and tournament updates, photo galleries, video galleries, charity content and more.
• Provide strategic ideas and content direction for ATPWorldTour.com en Espanol, ensuring that our Spanish website and social media channels always deliver relevant, compelling and customised content for our Spanish-speaking fans. Monitor our Spanish assets on a daily basis and liaise daily with our Spanish webteam editor, who is based in Chile.
• Make updates and posts to English and Spanish ATP social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Google+ and more
• Proofread stories written by other ATP Digital Media editors
• Work to increase traffic referrals from other English and Spanish websites and social media channels back to our websites
• Provide daily quality assurance checks of ATP digital assets and work with IT staff to document and troubleshoot technical problems
• Produce, proofread and send ATP email assets, including media releases, the Weekly and Insider newsletters and daily results
• Generate digital content for ATP partners including Corona, FedEx, Tecnifibre and Compeed
• Must speak English and Spanish fluently
• Excellent English and Spanish writing skills
• Exceptional tennis knowledge, both past and present
• Prior experience working on websites and social media channels within the tennis industry
• High attention to detail
• Ability to work independently, at nights and weekends, and to exercise sound editorial judgement
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues in different time zones around the globe
• Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
• Experience working in Dreamweaver Photoshop and HTML
• Experience working with a content management system
• Willingness to learn new technical skills
Interested candidates should apply online.
Digital Media Internship - Computer Programming (Ponte Vedra Beach, FL)
The ATP is launching a brand new website for its year end World Tour Finals event held in November in London in the O2 Stadium. This event showcases the top eight players in men's tennis. The IT digital media team is building a fresh, dynamic website using a state-of-the-art CMS from Sitecore.
The intern will:
- Assist with writing unit tests
- Assist with writing automated browser tests
- Help refine and automate the development environment
- Intermediate programming skills
- Net experience preferred
- Good communication skills - written and verbal
Location and Pay
The candidate must be available to work at the headquarters in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. The ATP will pay $10.00/hour and work with the candidate's college program to provide college credit.
The position is intended to be full-time for the summer months and then part-time hours (10-20/week) around the candidate's schedule thereafter until November, 2013.
Interested candidates should apply online and include a cover letter with a statement of interest.
Internship - Digital Media - Spanish Speaking (Ponte Vedra Beach, FL)
The ATP is seeking a native Spanish-speaking student to conduct research on "best practices" in the use of Social Media and Search Engines (SEO) in specific geo markets to promote the ATP brand in a global market and optimize website and mobile traffic. The candidate will work directly with the Digital Media Team and Social Media & Analytics Manager, to include projects such as:
- Creating industry trend reports
- Monitoring social networks
- Researching and finding social media influencers
- Researching international social media networks and international SEO best practices
- Monitoring paid ad listings on Facebook and reporting on findings
- Native Spanish speaker who is fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Experienced user of new and emerging media
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong computer skills and understanding of HTML and internet
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Photoshop or other graphic design software a plus
Location and Pay
The candidate must be available to work at the headquarters in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. Relocation and housing not provided although the ATP will help facilitate temporary housing. The ATP will pay $10.00/hour and work with the candidate's college program to provide college credit.
Positions are available immediately for a minimum of 3 months with ability to extend to 6 months. The position is intended to be full-time but the ATP will be flexible with scheduling.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
- Yes/No: I am a Native Spanish speaker.
- Yes/No: I have experience using Social Media platforms.
- Please describe your experience and knowledge with Social Media.
- Please describe how this experience and knowledge will benefit the ATP World Tour.
Apply for Future Notification – ATP World Tour and its Tournaments (Various Locations)
Future Notification of Internships – ATP World Tour and its Tournaments (Various Locations)