Employment Opportunities at the ATP
The ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) is the governing body of the men's professional tennis circuits - the ATP World Tour, the ATP Challenger Tour and the ATP Champions Tour. With 61 tournaments in 30 countries, the ATP World Tour showcases the finest male athletes competing in the world’s most exciting venues. From Australia and Europe to Africa; from North and South America to Asia, the stars of the ATP World Tour battle for prestigious titles at Grand Slams (non ATP members), ATP World Tour Masters 1000, ATP World Tour 500 and ATP World Tour 250 events. At the end of the season the world’s top 8 ranked singles players and top 8 doubles teams, based on their performance throughout the year, will qualify to compete in the season’s climax - the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals. Held at The O2 in London, the event will officially crown the year-end ATP World Tour No. 1 presented by Emirates.
Manager – PR & Marketing - International Region
Job Purpose & Reporting
Responsible for implementing ATP PR& marketing activities at tournaments in Australia and in the Pacific Region. This position is based in our Sydney, Australia office.
It reports to the Senior Vice President of PR & Marketing.
Responsibilities & Goals:
- Develops and implements ATP PR & marketing activities with the objective to raise the profile, awareness and image of the ATP, players and tournaments in his / her respective region;
- Proactively develops, researches and pitches sports and off-sports story angles in his / her respective region;
- Represents ATP to on-site media outlets, responds to questions about players and ATP, facilitates interview requests;
- Liaises with Tournament Directors to coordinate player media and promotional activities and advises and coordinates these requests with players and their representatives;
- Handles all on-site media interview requests and assists in fulfilling promotional and sponsor-related requests for players;
- Coordinates all mandatory post-match interviews as well as one-on-one interviews; advises players on scope/content of upcoming interviews;
- Updates existing media contact databases;
- Collects daily press clippings and electronic news videos;
- Contributes to one or more of the following projects: ATP/Player Clipping and Photo Database, Media Guide, Website Content, Branding, ATP World Tour Uncovered TV Show and/or other special projects handled by PR & Marketing Department.
- Develop and maintain active and positive relationships with all target groups especially players, tournament directors, media and sponsors in his / her respective region to inform and engage them in ATP operations, initiatives and activities;
- Coordinate advance publicity with tournament press and PR officers;
- Assist in development of ATP publications and Web site, promoting awareness for publications developed elsewhere to ensure relevance and sensitivity to tournaments, players, media and fans in his or her respective region.
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia;
- A strong understanding of the Asia Pacific region, its cultures and media outlets;
- Experience in public relations, media and communications;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and as part of a cohesive team;
- Computer skills;
- Fluency in at least two languages (English + one);
- Up to 20 weeks of travel to tournaments.
Interested candidates should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Future Notification – ATP World Tour and its Tournaments (Various Locations)