The Last Time With... Nicolas Almagro
DEUCE Australian Open 2012
by Paul Macpherson|
Spaniard Nicolas Almagro reveals the last time he...
Had to pay for a tennis court?
That one is tough! I don't remember. Maybe I was 12 years old.
Lost something important?
I lose my wallet every day. I lost my passport one day before travelling to Australia. I was at the airport and couldn't find it, so I had to return home to get a new one. I ended up flying out a day later. I never found the old passport.
Missed a flight because he was running late?
I am lucky, that has never happened to me.
Being recognised helped him?
In London, [during the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals] we went to a Spanish restaurant without a reservation. We ended up getting very good seats.
Forgot a close friend or family member's birthday?
I forget every birthday and special days. I don't have a good memory for that.
Cooked for himself?
Never! But sometimes I have fried an egg or something like that.
Visited a country for the first time?
Kuala Lumpur, in September. The Petronas Towers [the tallest twin buildings in the world] were very impressive.
Had a row of seats to himself on a long flight?
A long time ago! Maybe two or three years ago.
Played a sport other than tennis, which carried the risk of injury?
When I am home, I play football every week on Wednesdays, with Juan Carlos Ferrero at his academy.
Asked someone for their autograph?
It must have been with Rafa van der Vaart [the Tottenham Hotspurs footballer], in the players' lounge at The O2.
- Deuce 2013
- Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012
- Roland Garros - Wimbledon 2012
- Ferrero Retirement Tribute
- Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2011
- Roddick Retirement Tribute
- US Open 2012
- Federer No1
- Nadal Roland Garros
- Nadal Grand Slam
- Nadal Masters 1000
- Australian Open 2012
- Nestor 800
- Federer 15 Quest
- Djokovic No1
- US Open 2011
- US Open 2010
- US Open 2009
- Roland Garros - Wimbledon 2011
- Roland Garros & Wimbledon 2010
- Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2010
- Bryans Record Weeks At No 1
- Bryans Doubles Teams Record
- Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2009
- DEUCE Australian Open 2011
- Australian Open 2010
- Roland Garros & Wimbledon 2009
- Australian Open 2009
- Finals 2008
- US Open 2008
- Roland Garros 2008
- Australian Open 2008
- Finals 2007
- US Open 2007
In This Issue
- Ivan Ljubicic: The Journey Continues
- On The Rise... Cedrik-Marcel Stebe
- DEUCE Extra!: Farewell Fernando
- Santiago Giraldo & Co.
- Ivan Dodig: Determined To Succeed
- Roger Federer: Fearless At 30
- Lleyton Hewitt: Street Fighter
- The World According To Ivo
- Kevin Anderson: Out Of Africa
- Tommy Haas: One Final Shot