Open De Tenis Comunidad Valenciana
Monaco, Gonzalez Capture First ATP Title Together
by ATP Staff|
Monaco and Gonzalez, who were finalists in Vina del Mar (l. to Acasuso-Prieto) in February, were appearing in their second ATP final. Gonzalez earned his first career ATP title and Monaco his second with the other coming in Auckland (w/Horna) in January.
Parrott and Polasek were playing together for the first time in an ATP tournament but last month they won back-to-back Challenger titles in Mexico (San Luis Potosi and Leon). Parrott was appearing in his fifth career ATP final (3-2) and Polasek was making his ATP final debut.
"I'm extremely happy for my first ATP title, but as Pico (Monaco) said, even happier for the fact that I've won it with him," said Gonzalez. "In Vina del Mar, we were playing the final and Pico had to retire after twisting his ankle. So I'm happy we had the opportunity to play again together and win the final this time."
Monaco added,"I'm very happy with my second doubles title of the season. To win this title with my good friend Maximo makes it even more special. We have known each other since we were five years old and have been very good friends ever since."
- Gonzalez Upsets Estrella Burgos In Sao Paulo, Nears Top 100 Return
- "All The Hard Work Has Paid Off" For Gonzalez: Challenger Tour Finals Preview
- ATP Challenger Tour Finals Field Set
- Murray Saves 5 M.P. For Valencia Title, Boosts London Bid
- Rojer/Tecau Clinch Eighth Team Title Of Year In Valencia; Boost London Chances
- Tommy Robredo: Spanish Soldier