Bank Austria-Tennis Trophy
Petzschner Captures Vienna Double
by ATP Staff|
Philipp Petzschner failed in his bid to win singles and doubles titles at the Bank Austria-Tennis Trophy on Sunday, when the German and his Austrian partner Alexander Peya fell to No. 4 seeds Max Mirnyi of Belarus and Israeli Andy Ram 6-1, 7-5 in 74 minutes. Rafael Nadal is the only player to have captured both titles at the same tournament this year, at Masters Series Monte-Carlo in April.
Mirnyi secured his 35th career trophy, while Ram won his 14th title. Earlier this year, Mirnyi won the Delray Beach crown (w/J. Murray) and Ram captured titles at the Australian Open and ATP Masters Series Indian Wells (w/Erlich). The pair was competing together for the first time this week.
Petzschner and Peya dropped to 9-4 on the season. Peya had previously finished runner-up at 2003 Kitzbuhel (w/ Melzer) and 2006 Munich (w/Phau).
- Peya/Soares Capture Munich Doubles Title
- Vienna To Become An ATP World Tour 500 Event In 2015
- Watch Rojer/Tecau Hot Shot; Peya/Soares Save 1 M.P. In Group A Win
- Doubles Groups Determined For Final Showdown
- Ferrer Learns Rubik's 'Cubism'; Teens Visit Basel Town Hall
- Federer, Nadal Headline In Basel; Ferrer Leads Valencia Field