Bank Austria-Tennis Trophy
Petzschner Captures Vienna Double
by ATP Staff|
Philipp Petzschner failed in his bid to win singles and doubles titles at the Bank Austria-Tennis Trophy on Sunday, when the German and his Austrian partner Alexander Peya fell to No. 4 seeds Max Mirnyi of Belarus and Israeli Andy Ram 6-1, 7-5 in 74 minutes. Rafael Nadal is the only player to have captured both titles at the same tournament this year, at Masters Series Monte-Carlo in April.
Mirnyi secured his 35th career trophy, while Ram won his 14th title. Earlier this year, Mirnyi won the Delray Beach crown (w/J. Murray) and Ram captured titles at the Australian Open and ATP Masters Series Indian Wells (w/Erlich). The pair was competing together for the first time this week.
Petzschner and Peya dropped to 9-4 on the season. Peya had previously finished runner-up at 2003 Kitzbuhel (w/ Melzer) and 2006 Munich (w/Phau).
- Bryans Capture Fifth Madrid Title; 87th Crown Overall
- Peya/Soares Save 1 M.P. To Win Barcelona Title
- Mirnyi/Tecau Claim First Team Title In Bucharest
- Blake/Sock Capture Delray Beach Crown
- Peya/Soares Triumph In Sao Paulo
- Bhupathi/Bopanna Qualify For SFs After Match Tie-break Win Over Defending Champions