Roger & Mirka Wed In Ceremony
by ATP Staff|
Roger Federer and his long-time girlfriend Mirka Vavrinec exchanged wedding vows in Federer's hometown of Basel, Switzerland on Saturday.
Federer made the announcement on his website, saying, "Earlier today, in my hometown of Basel, surrounded by a small group of close friends and family, Mirka and I got married. It was a beautiful spring day and an incredibly joyous occasion. Mr. and Mrs. Roger Federer wish all of you a Happy Easter weekend," Love, Roger.
The couple first met at the Sydney Olympics in 2000 when both were competing for Switzerland. The 31-year-old Vavrinec is a former Sony Ericsson WTA Tour player who retired in 2002.
Last month Federer and Vavrinec announced they are expecting to be parents for the first time later this summer.
- Federer: All Is Not Lost
- Federer Extends Winning Streak; Djokovic Holds Off Monfils
- Nishikori, Raonic Stretch London Bids In Paris
- Djokovic, Federer Continue Fight For Year-End No. 1; London Berths Up For Grabs
- Federer Captures Sixth Basel Crown, Continues No. 1 Quest
- Federer Clips Karlovic For 11th Basel Final Berth