Fred Perry Unveils Stylish New Kit For Murray
by Press Release|
In celebration of the centenary year of Perry’s birth, Murray has worked closely with Fred Perry designers to develop a blend of performance and heritage product referencing classic Fred Perry kit from the 1950s and 1960s. The kit features a full range of clothing from a white collared performance shirt and tailored shorts to an ivory cotton cable v-neck sweater, white cotton tennis bomber jacket and white kit bag.
Every item in the kit features Andy Murray’s initials stitched underneath the Fred Perry laurel, inspired by the bespoke shirts that Perry designed for clients and friends such as John F Kennedy and Billie Jean King.
World No. 3 Murray goes into the Wimbledon Championships as the highest ranked British tennis player since Perry.
Andy Murray said: “I am proud to be associated with the Fred Perry brand and to be wearing an outfit inspired one of my sporting heroes. The kit looks and feels great - I’ve already tested it out on the courts and look forward to wearing it at Wimbledon next week. I hope one day to follow in Fred Perry’s footsteps and repeat his success at Wimbledon.”
John Flynn, Managing Director at Fred Perry said: “We have worked with Andy for five years now and he is a fantastic ambassador both on and off the tennis court. This is a significant year for the brand as we celebrate 100 years since the birth of Fred Perry and Andy wearing this kit at Wimbledon is a fitting tribute. His exclusively designed outfit uses quality performance fabrics to create a tailored look – I’m sure Fred Perry would be proud!”
• White performance Fred Perry shirt with green laurel and tipping
• White performance tailored cotton shorts
• Ivory knitted cotton cable v-neck sweater
• Ivory knitted cotton cable slip-over
• White cotton tennis bomber
• White leather tennis kit bag
This outfit will be worn exclusively by Andy and his brother Jamie at Wimbledon.
From Press Release
- Best Grand Slam Matches Of 2014 - Nos. 3-5
- Djokovic, Federer, Nishikori, Raonic Lead Storylines As 2014 Year-End Emirates ATP Rankings Are Published
- Rivalries Of 2014: Murray vs. Robredo
- Federer Tops Group B, Records 250th Indoor Match Win
- Murray Keeps Hopes Alive, Now For Federer
- Murray Honoured As Arthur Ashe Humanitarian