Indianapolis Tennis Championships presented by Lilly
Ginepri Serves From Pitcher's Mound
by ATP Staff|
American Robby Ginepri, the 2005 Indianapolis Tennis Championships winner, was a special guest Wednesday at the Triple-A baseball game between the Indianapolis Indians and Durham Bulls at Victory Field in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The American was invited to throw out the games' first pitch, but instead of pitching a baseball he used his racquet and a tennis ball to serve to the Indians catcher.
Although the umpire called balls on both of Ginepri's 'serves', the American was satisfied with his performance. "It was very close from a strike," said Ginepri. "It is quite different to have to serve at a catcher's glove. The target is just very small. I still had a lot of fun out there."
Ginepri will play his second-round match Thursday against Argentine Eduardo Schwank in the final match on center court.
- Challenger Weekly Spotlight: Ginepri Turns Back The Clock In Tallahassee
- Ginepri Secures 2014 Roland Garros Wild Card
- Wedding Bells For Ginepri
- Russell Upsets Young; Ginepri Back To Winning Ways
- Blake To Play Los Angeles; Haas, Ginepri Awarded Wild Cards
- Ginepri Granted Wild Card Into Atlanta Tennis Championships