Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
Kubot-Marach Fifth Team To Qualify For London Finals
by ATP Staff|
Lukasz Kubot and Oliver Marach have become the fifth team to qualify for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals. The Polish-Austrian duo will make its debut at the eight-team season finale, to be staged at The O2 Arena in London from 22-29 November.
Three spots remain to be claimed at this week's BNP Paribas Masters in Paris (Bercy), with five teams still in contention to qualify.
Kubot and Marach opened their season with a run to the Australian Open semi-finals (l. to Bhupathi-Knowles) and the following month reached their second ATP World Tour final on clay at the Abierto Mexicano Telcel (l. to Cermak-Mertinak) in Acapulo.
The duo continued its clay-court success in April by winning its maiden ATP World Tour title at Grand Prix Hassan II (d. Aspelin-Hanley) in Casablanca and followed with a second title a month later at the inaugural Serbia Open 2009 (d. Brunstrom-Rojer).
With the Battle for London intensifying in recent weeks, Kubot and Marach made a big push towards qualification by claiming their third title of the season at the Bank Austria TennisTrophy (d. Knowle-Melzer) in Vienna two weeks ago. They have compiled a 39-19 match record on the season.
- Nadal, Bryans Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- Brunstrom/Monroe Fight Back To Clinch Bastad Crown
- Djokovic Returns To No. 1; Qualifies For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- Nadal Boosts London Chances With Paris Win
- FedEx ATP Performance Zone: At Home On The Big Stage
- Wawrinka Now Leads Emirates ATP Race To London