Nice to Host New ATP World Tour Tournament In 2010; Replaces Kitzbuhel
by Press Release|
The ATP announced today a change in the 2010 ATP World Tour calendar with a tournament in Nice (France) replacing Kitzbuehel (Austria), the week of 17 May. The ATP World Tour 250 event will be played on the clay courts of the Nice Lawn Tennis Club the week prior to Roland Garros.
The Nice event becomes the fifth ATP World Tour event in France after Marseille, Metz, Lyon and Paris. Nice had held an ATP World Tour event for several years until 1995.
"We are delighted to announce the new event in Nice," said Laurent Delanney, ATP Chief Executive Officer - Europe. "Nice staged a popular ATP World Tour event for many years and it is great to be able to return there after a 15 year absence. Tennis has a huge following in France and many French players compete at the highest level on the ATP World Tour."
- Federer Surges Into Third Round
- Dimitrov Sails Into Third Round; Joins Fellow Finals Contender Ferrer
- Thiem Stuns Gulbis In Five Sets
- Berdych Wrestles Past Klizan In US Open Second Round; Fognini Falls
- Cilic To Face Anderson In Third Round; Monfils, Gasquet Advance
- Federer, Ferrer, Berdych Lead US Open Day Five Action