Costa, Robredo Honoured By Spanish Press
by ATP Staff|
Costa received the ‘APT-Segura Viudas 2009’ award after becoming the first Spaniard to win the Davis Cup as a player and as a captain. The 34 year old was a member of the 2000 squad that clinched Spain’s first ever Davis Cup, and earlier this month captained the team to its fourth title with a 5-0 win over the Czech Republic in Barcelona.
Robredo was awarded the Fair Play prize in recognition of his sportsmanship on and off the court and for his rapport with the media. The Spaniard, a winner of two clay-court titles in 2009, created a new foundation providing support to disabled players and organised a new wheelchair tournament.
- Robredo Celebrates 31st Birthday With Fans
- One Down, One To Go For Nadal; Robredo Upsets Berdych
- Robredo Claims 10th Clay Crown In Casablanca
- Robredo, Anderson To Play For Casablanca Title
- Shanghai, Dubai & Bastad Repeat As Winners Of ATP World Tour Tournaments Of The Year Awards
- Ferrer Returns To Buenos Aires Final; Wawrinka Defeats Almagro