ATP Announces Partnership With COMPEED® To Enhance Medical Team Preparedness For ATP World Tour Players
by Press Release|
Men’s professional tennis players to have instant blister remedy products at the ready courtside
MONTE CARLO, Monaco — Today, the ATP announced a new partnership naming COMPEED® (Johnson & Johnson Consumer Services EMEA Ltd.) as an Official Supplier of the ATP World Tour, enhancing medical team kits and courtside preparedness throughout 2010 and 2011 with specific blister plasters and other footcare treatments.
One of the most common athletic injuries is a blister which can have a significant impact on the performance of an athlete. As Official Supplier of the ATP World Tour, COMPEED® will be used by ATP medical staff to treat professional tennis players at all 62 of its tournaments around the world – getting players back in the game to perform to the highest level.
See official press release in PDF format in English, Spanish and French
Todd Ellenbecker, ATP Director of Sports Medicine, said: “When a tennis player has a blister, it actually affects the mechanics of the foot and ankle, the knee, the hip, all the way into the lower back so it changes the way that a player would move around the court. It may change their support structure and the mechanics of the lower body. And so in reality something like a blister can be very destructive. That’s why it’s so imperative that we treat the blister and do what we can to prevent them in the first place.”
To celebrate the partnership and ensure that players can be unstoppable in their performance, COMPEED® is launching Blister Underfoot, the first blister product specifically designed to fit the ball of the foot with an extra thick cushioning zone that protects underfoot blisters from further rubbing. Blisters under the foot have a higher tendency to occur in sports where there is a lot of lateral movement, hence a greater need for tennis players.
COMPEED® is supporting the ATP World Tour through a number of initiatives, including:
• being an essential part of the ATP medical staff’s treatment bags at every ATP World Tour tournament around the world, as well as at the Grand Slams
• offering interactive entertainment for spectators at some of the biggest European ATP tournaments, including Monte Carlo, Madrid, Hamburg and Rome
• providing fans with insights on how players prepare their bodies to play at the highest level and how amateur players can also be unstoppable through the “Form and Fitness” section on www.ATPWorldTour.com
Abigail Storms, COMPEED® Associate Franchise Director said: “We are delighted to partner with the ATP and supply its medical staff with the COMPEED® range for use on the players. It’s also an excellent platform for us to increase awareness of the fact that there is a real solution to manage and treat blisters – whether you get blisters from playing tennis on the ATP World Tour, or on your local courts – from high performance sports to an easy jog. We want to ensure that blisters don’t stop anyone from doing what they love to do.”
- Get To Know: Chris Kermode, ATP Executive Chairman and President
- Silva to Depart as ATP's Chief Player Officer
- Mercedes-Benz Joins Barclays ATP World Tour Finals As Platinum Sponsor
- Success Of Barclays ATP World Tour Finals Continues To Attract Commercial Partners
- ATP And PROSERIES Announce New Partnership
- Roland Garros Prize Money Increases Announced