Ivanisevic Reaches Final After Rafter Classic
by Press Release|
Ivanisevic and Rafter rolled back the years, serving and volleying acrobatically to the delight of the crowd in London. Rafter even made one diving volley which brought Ivanisevic to his knees in disbelief. When the Australian took the first set, he looked the more convincing of the two players, but Ivanisevic kept serving away and eventually levelled. In the deciding set Champions' Tie-Break, Ivanisevic took a 9-6 lead, and eventually held on to win it 10-8.
"I saw Pat eating a banana sandwich before the match," said Ivanisevic. "There's no way I'm losing to a guy who eats banana sandwiches."
Earlier, Martin played beautifully to see off fellow debutant Henman. For further details and quotes, click here.
To see the full list of results, the order of play for the week and the latest group standings, click here.
For final tickets, click here.
- Gonzalez Outguns Roddick To Take Title
- Roddick Made Honorary Wimbledon Member; Faces Gonzalez For Title
- Roddick Rocks Royal Albert Hall
- Gonzalez Makes ATP Champions Tour Debut; Roddick's Return Creates Buzz
- Henman Scrapes Past Enqvist On Day One; Roddick Arrives
- Roddick Prepares For Royal Albert Hall Bow