Gilbert To Help Nishikori Next Year
by ATP Staff|
“I have been working at the IMG Bollettieri Academy for a few years now, helping out Kei and other players,” Gilbert told ATPWorldTour.com.
“I decided to expand my role with Kei to 15 tournaments, but TV work with ESPN will remain my first priority.”
DEUCE Flashback: Project 45 No Longer A Secret (November 2008)
Nishikori, currently No. 98 in the South African Airways 2010 ATP Rankings, is excited about adding Gilbert to his team.
“Brad’s knowledge as a former top player, as well as his coaching success, is something that can help me become a better player.”
The Japanese star will continue to travel full-time with his coach, Dante Bottini. After one week’s training at Gilbert’s house in California, he will start the 2011 season at the Aircel Chennai Open in India.
In September, the 20 year old advanced to the US Open third round (l. to Montanes), which represented his best Grand Slam performance since 2008.
- 2014 By The Numbers: Title Leaders, Winners By Age
- FedEx ATP Performance Zone: 2014 Best Under Pressure
- Best ATP World Tour Matches Of 2014 - Nos. 1-2
- Best Grand Slam Matches Of 2014 - Nos. 3-5
- Djokovic, Federer, Nishikori, Raonic Lead Storylines As 2014 Year-End Emirates ATP Rankings Are Published
- Rivalries Of 2014: Nishikori vs. Raonic