MEDIBANK INTERNATIONAL SYDNEY
Del Potro Takes Sydney Wild Card
by ATP Staff|
Former Us Open champion Juan Martin del Potro will return to the ATP World Tour for the first time in more than three months after accepting a wild card to play next month’s Medibank International Sydney.
Del Potro, who underwent right wrist surgery on 19 May, played just three tournaments in 2010. After losing in the fourth round of the Australian Open last January, the Argentine did not play again until late September, missing the opportunity to defend the Us Open title he won in 2009. He suffered first-round exits in Bangkok and Tokyo and has not played since.
- Watch Del Potro's Underwater Rehabilitation
- Del Potro "More Determined Than Ever" After Minor Surgery
- 'Smart' DelPo Withdraws From Australian Open
- Troicki Triumphs Over Kukushkin In Sydney
- Bopanna/Nestor Win First Title In Sydney
- Kukushkin, Troicki To Contest First All-Qualifier ATP World Tour Final In Sydney