MEDIBANK INTERNATIONAL SYDNEY
Del Potro Takes Sydney Wild Card
by ATP Staff|
Former Us Open champion Juan Martin del Potro will return to the ATP World Tour for the first time in more than three months after accepting a wild card to play next month’s Medibank International Sydney.
Del Potro, who underwent right wrist surgery on 19 May, played just three tournaments in 2010. After losing in the fourth round of the Australian Open last January, the Argentine did not play again until late September, missing the opportunity to defend the Us Open title he won in 2009. He suffered first-round exits in Bangkok and Tokyo and has not played since.
- 2013 By The Numbers: Match Wins and Ranking Improvements
- 2013 By The Numbers: First-Time Winners, Qualifiers, and Doubles
- Del Potro Wins Argentina’s Sportsman Of The Year Award
- 2013 By The Numbers: Titles By Rank, Age, And Other Statistics
- Hot Shots Of 2013: Top 5
- Best Grand Slam Matches Of 2013 - Nos. 1-2