AIRCEL CHENNAI OPEN
Bopanna-Qureshi Launch Unique Team Merchandise
by ATP Staff|
Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi, better known as “The Indo-Pak Express” launched their official 'Stop War Start Tennis' merchandise at the Aircel Chennai Open on Monday. The duo has personally autographed tee-shirts, which they will give away to tennis fans at the ATP World Tour 250 tournament in Chennai.
"What started out as a simple statement has now become a world-wide campaign,” said Bopanna. “This is a great opportunity for us to connect with our fans and we are thrilled to finally launch the merchandise.”
Qureshi added, “People all over the world have been supporting this cause, and we hope that this venture will give them an opportunity to support and spread the message of peace.”
Some of the proceeds will go to the team’s respective charities. Bopanna supports the GoSports Foundation, a non-profit trust helping athletes across India, while Qureshi’s family charity — the Haq Foundation — has been doing a lot of relief work for flood victims in Pakistan and numerous charitable causes to aid the Pakistani people.
- Bopanna/Nestor Capture Dubai Crown
- Nishikori Visits Memphis Children's Hospital
- Milos Raonic Foundation Contributes $30,000 Grant To Canadian Paralympic Committee
- Isner Joins Blake & Bryans To Support Cancer Research
- Cilic To Host 'Marin & Friends' Charity Event In Monte-Carlo
- Verdasco Tours Quito, Cilic/Baghdatis Play Soldier