SA TENNIS OPEN
South African Players Light Candles For Mandela
Johannesburg, South Africa
by ATP Staff|
Players competing at the SA Tennis Open in Johannesburg lit candles in support of former president Nelson Mandela, who is on the mend after being hospitalised last week with an acute respiratory infection.
South Africans were encouraged to light a candle of hope for Mandela’s quick recovery, and Raven Klaasen, Izak van der Merwe, Kevin Anderson, Fritz Wolmarans, Rik de Voest and Jeff Coetzee joined tournament director Ian Smith with their own candle lighting ceremony on site at the Montecasino.
- Federer Keeps Rolling In Miami; Gasquet Beats Anderson
- Federer Up To World No. 5 After Reaching Indian Wells SFs
- Anderson Sets Federer Clash After Ending Wawrinka's Perfect Season
- Dimitrov Withstands Anderson Onslaught to Capture Acapulco Title
- Anderson/Ebden Win Acapulco Doubles Crown
- Dimitrov Edges Murray To Face Anderson For Title