PBZ ZAGREB INDOORS
Ivanisevic Makes Return To Tour
by ATP Staff|
Croatian Goran Ivanisevic will make a one-off return to the ATP World Tour at next week’s PBZ Zagreb Indoors, where he will play doubles with two-time defending singles champion and top seed Marin Cilic.
The 39-year-old Ivanisevic, who won Wimbledon in 2001, is playing his first tour-level event in six-and-a-half years, after retiring from professional tennis following a third-round defeat to Lleyton Hewitt at Wimbledon in 2004.
The former World No. 2 is suffering from a leg injury, but is committed to helping promote the ATP World Tour 250 indoor hard-court tennis tournament, come what may. "There is still no improvement and my leg still hurts, but it does not matter. It will be either better by Tuesday or my leg will fall off, but I will be on court", joked Ivanisevic at the press conference held after the official draw ceremony.
The wild card pairing of Ivanisevic and Cilic will face Slovakian duo Filip Polasek and Igor Zelenay in the first round. Spaniards Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez are the top seeds in the 16-team draw.
- Cilic Claims Third Zagreb Trophy
- Knowle/Polasek Cruise To Zagreb Crown
- Gicquel/Llodra Edge Into Montpellier Final
- Cilic Goes For Third Zagreb Title; Melzer Maintains Run Of Form
- Monaco/Nadal To Play For Vina Del Mar Title; Fleming/Marray Fall In Montpellier
- Melzer Claims 300th Win; Youzhny, Cilic Reach SFs