ATP WORLD TOUR 2011 - WEEK 7
Marach-Mayer Triumph In Buenos Aires
by ATP Staff|
First-time pairing Oliver Marach and Leonardo Mayer are the 2011 Copa Claro doubles champions after beating Brazilian duo Franco Ferreiro and Andre Sa 7-6(6), 6-3 in the final of the ATP World Tour 250 clay-court tennis tournament on Sunday in Buenos Aires.
The Austrian-Argentine team saved five of the six break points they faced and delivered 80 per cent of first serves as they clinched victory in one hour and 40 minutes. In the semi-finals they had beaten No. 2 seeds Nicolas Almagro and Juan Ignacio Chela.
The 30-year-old Marach captured his eighth ATP World Tour doubles title from 16 finals. The right-hander, who finished runner-up in Santiago (w/ Kubot) two weeks ago, also enjoyed success on the Latin American “Golden Swing” last year, teaming with Lukasz Kubot to win titles in Santiago and Acapulco.
The 23-year-old Mayer, a Buenos Aires resident, clinched his first ATP World Tour title; he and Benjamin Becker had finished runner-up in his only previous final in San Jose last year.
- Kubot/Lindstedt Stun Bryans In Group A Clash
- Three Doubles Teams Qualify For London
- Pospisil/Zimonjic Capture Basel Crown
- Rojer/Tecau Clinch Eighth Team Title Of Year In Valencia; Boost London Chances
- Melzer/Petzschner Return To Winners' Circle In Vienna
- Butorac/Klaasen Continue Push For London With Stockholm Crown