ATP WORLD TOUR 2011 - WEEK 8
Lipsky-Ram Claim Second Straight Title
by ATP Staff|
Americans Scott Lipsky and Rajeev Ram won their second straight ATP World Tour title on Sunday at the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships as they rallied for a 4-6, 6-4, 10-3 win over the German-Austrian pairing of Christopher Kas and Alexander Peya.
Lipsky and Ram were contesting their third final in as many tournaments, beginning the month of February with a runner-up finish in Johannesburg (l. to Cerretani/Shamasdin). The following week, they captured the indoor hard-court title in San Jose (d. Falla/Malisse).
The Americans have won 11 of their past 12 matches and have a 16-4 record overall. They clinched their first title in their debut tournament last July in Atlanta. Lipsky improves to a 5-6 mark in ATP World Tour finals and Ram to 6-2.
Kas and Peya, who fell to a 7-6 team record, were appearing in their first tour-level final together.
- Three Doubles Teams Qualify For London
- Pospisil/Zimonjic Capture Basel Crown
- Rojer/Tecau Clinch Eighth Team Title Of Year In Valencia; Boost London Chances
- Melzer/Petzschner Return To Winners' Circle In Vienna
- Butorac/Klaasen Continue Push For London With Stockholm Crown
- Bolelli/Fognini Give Italy Lifeline; Switzerland Leads 2-1