Knowles Family Welcomes Baby Daughter
by Matt Fitzgerald|
Doubles legend Mark Knowles and his wife Dawn welcomed their third child last week in Texas. After giving birth to sons Graham (2005) and Brody (2008), Dawn produced the couple’s first girl, Presley Dawn, in the early afternoon last Friday, 25 March.
Presley weighed in at a vigorous 9 lbs. and 12 oz., surpassing both brothers as the couple’s heaviest newborn. She came into the world with a length of 21 inches. “She came in as a big healthy girl with super fat cheeks and a head full of hair!” said Dawn.
Added Mark, “She weighs more than Graham and Brody did when they were born. I guess she’s ready to overtake them!”
The Bahamian will spend a few weeks with his family before making his return at the Barcelona Open with 2011 partner Michal Mertinak. Knowles reached the final of the ATP World Tour 500 clay-court event in Barcelona last year with Lleyton Hewitt, earning his 700th career doubles win in the process.
Knowles and Mertinak are 8-6 on the season and have reached two semi-finals, at the ATP World Tour 500 event in Memphis, and the ATP World Tour 250 event at San Jose. The former World No. 1 Knowles is ranked 23rd in the latest ATP Doubles Rankings and he and Mertinak stand at 16th place in the 2011 ATP Doubles Team Ranking.
- Fyrstenberg/Matkowski Clinch Last Final Showdown Spot
- Mirnyi/Tecau Edge Closer To London Qualification With Paris SF Spot
- Marrero/Verdasco & Qureshi/Rojer Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- London Bids End For Murray/Peers & Huey/Inglot In Paris Openers
- Huey/Inglot Win Second ATP World Tour Team Title At Basel
- Dodig/Melo & Granollers/Lopez Qualify For Final Showdown