BMW OPEN 2011
Bolelli-Zeballos Cap Dream Debut
by ATP Staff|
The Italian-Argentine pairing won 82 per cent of points on first serve and broke serve twice from five opportunities to claim victory in 90 minutes. They received 250 ATP World Tour ranking points and €22,000 in prize money.
The 25-year-old Bolelli, who reached his first ATP World Tour singles final in Munich (l. to F. Gonzalez) three years ago, was contesting his first career doubles final. Meanwhile the 26-year-old Zeballos captured his second title from three finals.
"I felt great this week with my shots, everything was good," said Bolelli. "I played a very good week in doubles with Horacio. It was the first time for us so it’s a very good thing. I think it’s also going to give me confidence for the singles. It’s my first title, I’m very happy."
Zeballos added, "It feels so good, especially because I’ve never played with Simone Bolelli. We are really happy and maybe we can play another tournament together."
- Brunstrom/Monroe Fight Back To Clinch Bastad Crown
- Kowalczyk/Sitak Capture Stuttgart Crown
- Challenger Weekly Spotlight: Kavcic Denied Third Straight Title By Soeda
- Peya/Soares Reach Semi-finals At Queen's
- Klizan/Oswald Cruise To Nice Doubles Crown; Gonzalez/Lipsky Remain Perfect
- Nestor/Zimonjic Edge Past Bryans For Rome Final Berth