ATP ACES FOR CHARITY
ATP ACES For Charity To Support Corona Save The Beach
by ATP Staff|
Corona Extra, premier partner of the ATP World Tour, has joined forces with the ATP ACES for Charity programme to present a unique beach tennis match at next month’s Internazionali BNL d’Italia in Rome, as part of the Corona Save the Beach project.
Throughout April, internet users have been invited to upload photos and videos of beaches deemed to be in need of rescue to www.coronasavethebeach.org. Applications closed on 25 April and voting is now open until 8 May.
The two beaches that receive the most votes will be represented at a special beach tennis match, organised by Corona Extra, at the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 clay-court tournament in Rome. Two of the tournament’s top players will be selected to represent each endangered beach, with the winning player’s beach to receive the support of Corona Save the Beach.
Corona Save the Beach was established in December 2008 to preserve Europe’s beaches and aims to save one endangered beach a year. The first beach saved, in 2009, was the Capocotta in Rome, followed by Bahía de Portman beach in Murcia in 2010.
Since its inception the project has benefitted from the support of many international celebrities, including Helena Christensen, Jade Jagger, Bar Refaeli, activist Alexandra Cousteau, environmental artist HA Shult and Spanish designer Custo Dalmau.
- Portugal Open Accepts ATP ACES For Charity Grant For Youth Academy
- Djokovic, Tipsarevic Receive ATP ACES For Charity Grants
- Darcis Visits Casablanca Children's Hospital; Anderson Meets Talented Youngsters
- Andy Roddick Foundation Announces New Board of Directors
- Murray To Feature In "Rally Against Cancer" For Hutchins
- Federer Gets Hands On In South Africa