OPEN DE NICE COTE D'AZUR 2011
Butorac-Rojer Reach Third Final Of Season
by ATP Staff|
Second seeds Eric Butorac and Jean-Julien Rojer advanced to their third ATP World Tour doubles final of the season on Friday as they edged third seeds Frantisek Cermak and Filip Polasek 7-6(3), 7-5 at the Open de Nice Côte d’Azur.
In a match featuring five breaks of serve, American Butorac and Rojer of the Netherlands Antilles converted three of their eight opportunities to claim victory in one hour and 39 minutes. They have not dropped a set en route to the final.
Currently No. 6 in the 2011 ATP Doubles Team Rankings, Butorac and Rojer are chasing their second title of the season after victory on clay at the Estoril Open (d. M. Lopez-Marrero) three weeks ago. They also finished runners-up in Memphis (l. to Mirnyi-Nestor) and reached the semi-finals at the Australian Open (l. to Bryans).
The 29-year-old Butorac is looking to win his 11th ATP World Tour title in 15 finals, while Rojer, also 29, is bidding for his fourth trophy in his 11th final.
- Bolelli/Fognini Capture Australian Open Doubles Crown
- New Teams Make Impact In Opening Weeks Of Season
- Kubot/Lindstedt Stun Bryans In Group A Clash
- Three Doubles Teams Qualify For London
- Pospisil/Zimonjic Capture Basel Crown
- Rojer/Tecau Clinch Eighth Team Title Of Year In Valencia; Boost London Chances