GERRY WEBER OPEN
Gerry Weber Open Presents Donation To Social Facility
by ATP Staff|
German Davis Cup captain Patrik Kühnen joined Gerry Weber Open tournament founders Gerhard Weber and Udo Hardieck on a visit to the Wertkries social facility in Halle/Westefalen to present a €5,000 donation.
Kühnen obliged requests for autographs as he toured the workshop for disabled people and learned of the various jobs held by the staff.
“I’m very impressed by the work here. The high level of professionalism is very obvious,” Kühnen said. “I think it is very important for us to support such projects and to have a look outside our tennis world.”
The Gerry Weber Open has been a long-time contributor to Wertkries, and ATP World Tour stars including Jimmy Connors, Thomas Muster, Michael Stich and Nicolas Kiefer have helped draw publicity to the facility in the past.
“We are happy to assume our social responsibility within this region,” said Weber. “It will keep being an important aspect of our work to support charitable organizations like this.”
- Fognini Poses Naked For British Cosmopolitan To Raise Male Cancer Awareness
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Ferrer, Gasquet Headline Grass Events
- Federer Captures Seventh Halle Crown
- Begemann/Knowle Deny Federer Halle Double
- Federer To Face Falla For Halle Title
- Watch Federer's 1 in 1000 Match Point Reaction