GERRY WEBER OPEN
Gerry Weber Open Presents Donation To Social Facility
by ATP Staff|
German Davis Cup captain Patrik Kühnen joined Gerry Weber Open tournament founders Gerhard Weber and Udo Hardieck on a visit to the Wertkries social facility in Halle/Westefalen to present a €5,000 donation.
Kühnen obliged requests for autographs as he toured the workshop for disabled people and learned of the various jobs held by the staff.
“I’m very impressed by the work here. The high level of professionalism is very obvious,” Kühnen said. “I think it is very important for us to support such projects and to have a look outside our tennis world.”
The Gerry Weber Open has been a long-time contributor to Wertkries, and ATP World Tour stars including Jimmy Connors, Thomas Muster, Michael Stich and Nicolas Kiefer have helped draw publicity to the facility in the past.
“We are happy to assume our social responsibility within this region,” said Weber. “It will keep being an important aspect of our work to support charitable organizations like this.”
- ATP Announces Multi-Year Prize Money Increases Across ATP World Tour 500 Tournaments
- Verdasco Visits United Family Hospital Shanghai
- Almagro, Harrison, Pospisil Launch Books For CARE
- Blake Makes Trades For 9/11 Charity Day
- Raonic Supports 'Emirates Returns' In Washington D.C.
- 'Emirates Returns' Launches In Atlanta