Nadal Receives Two ESPY Nominations
Los Angeles, U.S.A.
by ATP Staff|
World No. 1 Rafael Nadal will look to become the first tennis player to win the ESPY for Best Male Athlete, nominated for the award alongside Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki, Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and NASCAR driver Jimmie Johnson.
The Spaniard, who claimed his 10th Grand Slam title last month at Roland Garros, also joins Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer as nominees for Best Male Tennis Player. Federer has dominated this category in recent years, winning it six straight times.
Fans can cast their votes online through 9 July, and winners will be revealed during the awards show hosted by Saturday Night Live's Seth Meyers on 13 July in Los Angeles.
- Nadal Drawn In Same Quarter As Djokovic At Roland Garros
- Nadal Reigns In Stats At Roland Garros
- Nadal Awarded Paris' Highest Honour
- Wawrinka Denies Nadal In Rome To Set Federer Clash
- Nadal Enters Unfamiliar Territoriy After Rome QF Loss
- Throwback Thursday: Watch Federer's Thrilling Point In 2006 Final Vs Nadal