Becker, Beckenbauer Team Up For Charity
by ATP Staff|
Boris Becker teamed up with another German sports icon, Franz Beckenbauer, to raise € 50,000 for the Franz Beckenbauer Foundation and the Laureus Sport for Good Foundation in an all-day charity event Friday at the MercedesCup in Stuttgart.
The pair began proceedings by playing a charity golf tournament at the GC Monrepos, and afterward headed to the Weissenhof Tennis Club – home of the ATP World Tour 250 tennis tournament – where they took part in panel discussions and autograph sessions at the exhibition “125! Years of Innovation” by Mercedes-Benz.
Later that evening, Becker and Beckenbauer were the star guests at the MercedesCup Charity Gala, also attended by Stuttgart doubles champions Jurgen Melzer and Philipp Petzschner, ATP Tournament Directors Edwin Weindorfer (Stuttgart) and Herwig Straka (Vienna), and Dr. Joachim Schmidt of Mercedes-Benz Cars.
In addition to auctioning off a Meet & Greet at next year’s Championships at Wimbledon, Becker spontaneously donated his personal tickets to the grass-court Slam during the Gala, drawing a winning bid of € 12,000.
- Haas, Almagro Lead Charity Tennis Clinic
- Djokovic Flying High In Dubai
- Sa, Soares Receive ATP ACES For Charity Grant Cheque For WimBelemDon Project
- Fognini, Almagro Paint For Charity
- ATP Announces 'ATP ACES For Charity' Grant Recipients For 2014
- Del Potro Cheers Up Young Patients At Tandil Hospitals