BRD NASTASE TIRAC TROPHY 2011
Chela To Play Seppi In Bucharest QFs
by ATP Staff|
Chela dropped 11 points on serve to beat French qualifier Florent Serra 6-1, 6-0 in just 63 minutes. The 32-year-old Argentine improved to 23-12 on clay courts this year.
"I'm very happy to win my first match here," said Chela. "He's a dangerous player and I didn't know how I would start after all the excitement during the last weekend in Serbia with the Argentinean Davis Cup team. It is a beautiful feeling to come back here as the defending champion after winning both singles and doubles in Bucharest last year."
Seppi saved nine of 10 break points, winning 70 per cent of his service points for victory in one hour and 46 minutes. It was Seppi's first win over Andreev in more than four years (2-6 lifetime). Two-time Bucharest finalist Andreev dropped to a 16-25 match record on the season.
Spaniard Pere Riba advanced to the second round when sixth-seeded Italian Potito Starace retired due to fatigue midway through the second set. Riba was leading 6-1, 3-2 after one hour of play. World No. 72 Riba, who also beat Starace at the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters in April, has a 10-19 season mark.
- Garcia-Lopez Fends Off Vesely For Bucharest Crown
- Home Favourites Copil/Ungur Save 5 M.P. To Win Bucharest Doubles Title
- Vesely To Face Garcia-Lopez In Bucharest Final
- Gimeno-Traver Beats Simon In Bucharest; Monfils Sets Garcia-Lopez Clash
- Simon Overcomes Tipsarevic; Monfils To Face Bolelli In Bucharest QFs
- Nadal, Ferrer, Granollers Mix With Spanish Football Stars