ATP World Tour Doubles 2011 - Week 42
Melo-Soares Oust Defending Stockholm Champs
by ATP Staff|
After winning the first set in a tie-break, Melo and Soares broke serve in the eighth game to take a 5-3 lead, and served it out to advance to their fourth team final of the season. The Brazilians triumphed at Costa Do Sauipe (d. Andujar-Gimeno Traver ) and Santiago (d. Kubot-Marach).
The loss hurts Butorac and Rojer’s chances of qualifying for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals. Currently ninth in the 2011 ATP Doubles Team Rankings, Butorac and Rojer had the opportunity to move into eighth position had they won the title.
- Fyrstenberg/Matkowski Clinch Last Final Showdown Spot
- Mirnyi/Tecau Edge Closer To London Qualification With Paris SF Spot
- Marrero/Verdasco & Qureshi/Rojer Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- London Bids End For Murray/Peers & Huey/Inglot In Paris Openers
- Huey/Inglot Win Second ATP World Tour Team Title At Basel
- Dodig/Melo & Granollers/Lopez Qualify For Final Showdown