ATP World Tour Doubles 2011 - Week 42
Cermak-Polasek Capture Moscow Crown
by ATP Staff|
No. 1 seeds Frantisek Cermak and Filip Polasek overwhelmed Carlos Berlocq and David Marrero 6-3, 6-1 to clinch their third team title of the season at the Kremlin Cup in Moscow Sunday. “We've had a great season so far,” said Polasek. “We hope we can continue like this in our last three events in St. Petersburg, Valencia and Paris.”
Cermak and Polasek broke serve twice in each set, and fired eight aces to wrap up the win in just 54 minutes. “We did not expect to have such a good week here,” revealed Cermak. “It feels great to have won my 26th title.”
The victory gives Cermak and Polasek their first hard-court title of the year after triumphing on clay in Belgrade (d. Marach-Peya) and Gstaad (d. Kas-Peya). The two also reached the finals in Hamburg, Kuala Lumpur, and Tokyo.
Berlocq and Marrero were playing their first ATP World Tour doubles final together after advancing to the final without dropping a set.
- First Titles For Cermak/Rosol, Begemann/Haase
- Brunstrom/Monroe Fight Back To Clinch Bastad Crown
- Kowalczyk/Sitak Capture Stuttgart Crown
- Peya/Soares Reach Semi-finals At Queen's
- Klizan/Oswald Cruise To Nice Doubles Crown; Gonzalez/Lipsky Remain Perfect
- Nestor/Zimonjic Edge Past Bryans For Rome Final Berth