ATP World Tour Doubles 2011 - Week 42
Cermak-Polasek Capture Moscow Crown
by ATP Staff|
No. 1 seeds Frantisek Cermak and Filip Polasek overwhelmed Carlos Berlocq and David Marrero 6-3, 6-1 to clinch their third team title of the season at the Kremlin Cup in Moscow Sunday. “We've had a great season so far,” said Polasek. “We hope we can continue like this in our last three events in St. Petersburg, Valencia and Paris.”
Cermak and Polasek broke serve twice in each set, and fired eight aces to wrap up the win in just 54 minutes. “We did not expect to have such a good week here,” revealed Cermak. “It feels great to have won my 26th title.”
The victory gives Cermak and Polasek their first hard-court title of the year after triumphing on clay in Belgrade (d. Marach-Peya) and Gstaad (d. Kas-Peya). The two also reached the finals in Hamburg, Kuala Lumpur, and Tokyo.
Berlocq and Marrero were playing their first ATP World Tour doubles final together after advancing to the final without dropping a set.
- Federer, Nadal Headline In Basel; Ferrer Leads Valencia Field
- Cilic Bests Bautista Agut For Moscow Title
- Melzer/Petzschner Return To Winners' Circle In Vienna
- Butorac/Klaasen Continue Push For London With Stockholm Crown
- Cermak Completes Moscow Title Treble Alongside Vesely
- Cilic, Bautista Agut To Clash In Moscow Title Match