ST. PETERSBURG OPEN
Bogomolov Jr., Stakhovsky Visit Children's Hospital
St. Petersburg, Russia
by ATP Staff|
The pair, who are in town to contest the St. Petersburg Open, spent over 60 minutes at the hospital and participated in a number of activities, including cartoon drawings, playing mini-table football and giving the kids gifts.
“It is never nice to be in hospital no matter how old you are,” sympathised Stakhovsky. “So it was nice for us to be able to come here and put smiles on their faces.”
Bogomolov Jr., added: “Coming here as a father and seeing the kids suffering from leukaemia is really tough. It is something that as a parent I wouldn’t wish on anybody. Hopefully the time that we spent today playing with the kids helped them to forget about some of the bad stuff that is going on.”
Seventh-seeded American Bogomolov Jr., resumes his campaign at the ATP World Tour 250 indoor hard-court tennis tournament on Thursday, when he faces Germany’s Philipp Kohlschreiber in the second round.
- St. Petersburg Open Returns To ATP World Tour
- Bogomolov: "I'm Very Thankful For The Game"
- Estrella Burgos Saves Match Point In Longest Final Of Year
- Radek Stepanek: Quality Over Quantity
- Challenger Spotlight: Lu Wins 21st Title; Muller Adds Fifth Of 2014
- Murray Races Through; Stakhovsky Slays Gulbis At Wimbledon