ERSTE BANK OPEN
Muster & Bryan Twins Meet Austrian Federal President
by ATP Staff|
Former World No. 1 Thomas Muster joined the world's best doubles team Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan on Wednesday to meet with Austrian Federal President Heinz Fischer on the Austrian National Day at Vienna's historical plaza Heldenplatz ("Heroes' Square").
"It was a great experience being here, in this beautiful square, and meeting this amazing man," said Bob Bryan. "He was really nice to us. It looks like he had some nice form on his serve. We're happy to be back again for the first time since Davis Cup [in February 2008] and we're looking forward to a great week. "
Mike Bryan added, "It has a lot of history and a lot of beautiful buildings. It's fun to walk around the city, see the architecture and meet the President - even though it's pretty cold out here!"
The visit came barely 12 hours after Muster was sent into tennis retirement on Tuesday evening by young Austrian Dominic Thiem at the Erste Bank Open.
- Bryans Rally At Queen's To Lift 90th Trophy
- Reflex Volley Inspires Bryans To "One Of Our Toughest Wins"
- Nadal, Bryan Brothers First To Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- Nadal's "Special" Moments, Silent Love
- Bryans Edge Frenchmen For 14th Major; Win Second Roland Garros Crown
- Nadal Ranks Djokovic Drama; Bryans Mirror Rafa