ATP PLAYER NEWS
Federer’s Brand No. 2 Among All Athletes
by ATP Staff|
Roger Federer’s personal brand has been valued at $26 million by Forbes, which has just released a list of the world’s most valuable sports brands. The business and finance magazine rated the Federer brand as the second most valuable athlete brand in the world.
Forbes writes: ‘Federer holds the most impressive endorsement portfolio in all of sports with 10 major deals, including a Nike sponsorship that is the most lucrative in all of tennis. He is also the only one of Gillette's original 3 "Champions" to have his deal renewed this year as the brand dropped Tiger Woods and Thierry Henry.’ Forbes still rates Woods as the most valuable athlete brand.
Forbes earlier this year ranked Federer No. 25 overall in its annual list of the world’s 100 most powerful celebrities. Of the 100, Federer was No. 1 in the sub category ‘press rank,’ a reflection of the amount of media coverage a celebrity receives, including magazine covers.
An A-list of celebrities including Lady Gaga (No. 2), Oprah Winfrey (No. 7), Justin Bieber (No. 8) trailed Federer in ‘press rank’.
- Best Grand Slam Matches Of 2014 - Nos. 1-2
- Best Grand Slam Matches Of 2014 - Nos. 3-5
- Djokovic, Federer, Nishikori, Raonic Lead Storylines As 2014 Year-End Emirates ATP Rankings Are Published
- Rivalries 2014 - Federer vs. Wawrinka
- Federer: “This One’s For The Boys”
- Federer Adds To Legacy, Helps Switzerland Clinch First Davis Cup Crown