ATP PLAYER NEWS
Federer’s Brand No. 2 Among All Athletes
by ATP Staff|
Roger Federer’s personal brand has been valued at $26 million by Forbes, which has just released a list of the world’s most valuable sports brands. The business and finance magazine rated the Federer brand as the second most valuable athlete brand in the world.
Forbes writes: ‘Federer holds the most impressive endorsement portfolio in all of sports with 10 major deals, including a Nike sponsorship that is the most lucrative in all of tennis. He is also the only one of Gillette's original 3 "Champions" to have his deal renewed this year as the brand dropped Tiger Woods and Thierry Henry.’ Forbes still rates Woods as the most valuable athlete brand.
Forbes earlier this year ranked Federer No. 25 overall in its annual list of the world’s 100 most powerful celebrities. Of the 100, Federer was No. 1 in the sub category ‘press rank,’ a reflection of the amount of media coverage a celebrity receives, including magazine covers.
An A-list of celebrities including Lady Gaga (No. 2), Oprah Winfrey (No. 7), Justin Bieber (No. 8) trailed Federer in ‘press rank’.
- Federer Attends Hollywood Jewelry Launch
- Fan Wins Special Federer Meeting In Dubai
- Federer Wins Seventh Dubai Crown
- Watch Dubai Hot Shot: Federer Pulverises Backhand Winner
- Brain Game: Federer Rides Hyper-Aggressive Game Plan To Victory
- Federer Surpasses 9,000 Aces Mark, Re-live Matches With Most Aces