BARCLAYS ATP WORLD TOUR FINALS 2011
Berdych’s Bald Bet
by ATP Staff|
What's the price of success? For Tomas Berdych, it's a shaved head.
The Czech went under the razor in his private locker room at The O2, shortly after his semi-final loss to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, to honour a bet he made with his coach Tomas Krupa during the summer.
"Bet is a bet," Berdych shared on Facebook. "We have made one in Wimbledon that if I take part in the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, win at least one title and 50 matches in this season, my hair is going down."
The 26 year old fulfilled all three of the conditions following the US Open. He ended a 29-month title drought in October at Beijing, and with his Round of 16 win at the BNP Paribas Masters, he simultaneously reached the 50-match win plateau for the first time in a season and clinched his place at the circuit finale.
- Berdych Joins Monfils, Tsonga In Third Round
- Berdych Aggressive In Paris Opener; Gabashvili Beats Lopez
- Djokovic Strengthens Lead In Emirates ATP Race To London
- Nadal Into Seventh Madrid Final With Berdych Win
- Berdych Fights Back, Saves 1 M.P. For Nadal Clash
- Brain Game: Djokovic Tested By Berdych's Tactics