BARCLAYS ATP WORLD TOUR FINALS 2011
Berdych’s Bald Bet
by ATP Staff|
What's the price of success? For Tomas Berdych, it's a shaved head.
The Czech went under the razor in his private locker room at The O2, shortly after his semi-final loss to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, to honour a bet he made with his coach Tomas Krupa during the summer.
"Bet is a bet," Berdych shared on Facebook. "We have made one in Wimbledon that if I take part in the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, win at least one title and 50 matches in this season, my hair is going down."
The 26 year old fulfilled all three of the conditions following the US Open. He ended a 29-month title drought in October at Beijing, and with his Round of 16 win at the BNP Paribas Masters, he simultaneously reached the 50-match win plateau for the first time in a season and clinched his place at the circuit finale.
- Nadal, Bryans Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- Djokovic Returns To No. 1; Qualifies For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- Murray Records 450th Match Win To Start Wimbledon Title Defence
- Berdych From Sweet Tooth To Birthday Suit
- Lopez Beats Berdych, Plays Stepanek In Queen's Club SFs
- Nadal Boosts London Chances With Paris Win