Anderson Weds College Girlfriend
by ATP Staff|
South African’s Kevin Anderson married his college girlfriend Kelsey O’Neal in Wilmette, Illinois during a private ceremony on Saturday 10 November. The couple have since gone on honeymoon to Miami and St. Lucia.
Anderson and Kelsey met five and a half years ago during college at the University of Illinois, where he was a member of the tennis team and Kelsey was on the golf team. Their wedding reception took place at the North Shore Country Club in Glenview, Illinois, where Kelsey’s father is the golf pro.
"It was just an incredible weekend, especially having friends and family coming from all over the world to be a part of our special occasion," said Anderson. "Illinois has become my home since leaving South Africa; it was where I went to college and where Kelsey and I met. It was the most special day of my life."
The 25-year-old Anderson finished the 2011 ATP World Tour season at No. 32 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings, having reached a career-high World No. 30 on 10 October. In a career-best season he put together a 42-27 match record, highlighted by winning his first ATP World Tour title in his hometown of Johannesburg (d. Devvarman).
- Perfectionist Anderson Fighting For Big Break
- Anderson, Dolgopolov Enjoy Acapulco Water Sports
- Nishikori Claims Memphis Three-Peat
- Nishikori Survives Querrey To Reach Memphis Final Against Anderson
- Nadal Faces Anderson In Intriguing Fourth-Round Matchup
- Nadal Defeats Youzhny; Anderson, Gasquet Advance Down Under