MUBADALA WORLD TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIP
Djokovic, Ferrer Reach Abu Dhabi Exhibition Final
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
by ATP Staff|
A day after winning his debut match at the Mubadala World Tennis Championship, World No. 1 Novak Djokovic dismissed third-ranked Roger Federer 6-2, 6-1 to advance to the final of the Abu Dhabi exhibition on Friday. “That was definitely an incredible performance,” a pleased Djokovic said afterwards. “I will get a lot of confidence if I continue playing like that.”
For a shot at the $250,000 purse, the Serbian will take on World No. 5 David Ferrer, who defeated two-time defending champion Rafael Nadal 6-3, 6-2. “I played very consistent and was happy with my match,” said Ferrer.
Ferrer recently played Djokovic at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, beating the top seed in round-robin action en route to the semi-finals. “It will be very difficult against Novak because he is No. 1 in the world,” Ferrer said. “But I will do my best to make it a good match against him.”
Federer and Nadal will now shift their focus to the Qatar ExxonMobil Open, headlining a strong field at the ATP World Tour 250 event in Doha.
- Dimitrov Sails Into Third Round; Joins Fellow Finals Contender Ferrer
- Djokovic Storms Into US Open Third Round
- Djokovic Cruises In Opener; Raonic Claims First-Round Battle
- Djokovic: "Everybody Is Starting From Scratch"
- FedEx ATP Performance Zone: Vs. Top 10
- Djokovic "Extremely Motivated And Inspired" In New York