GERRY WEBER OPEN 2012
Nadal Returns To Halle In 2012
by ATP Staff|
World No. 2 Rafael Nadal will return to Halle in 2012 for the 20th edition of the Gerry Weber Open, to be held from 11-17 June, after signing a three-year contract with the ATP World Tour 250 grass court tournament.
"The Gerry Weber Open is a fantastic tournament. I’m very happy that I may finally play in Germany and in front of my German fans again," said the 25-year-old Spaniard, who made his one previous Halle appearance in 2005 following his first Roland Garros triumph.
"Rafael Nadal is already now one of the best tennis players ever, a player who is known by every sport fan in the world," said Tournament Director Ralf Weber. "The fact that Rafael will participate in our tournament until 2014 is a great recognition for our tournament."
"I really enjoy playing on lawn," said Nadal. "This part of the season is very, very important for me. Success in Halle would also mean a real shot in the arm for me for Wimbledon and the Olympic Games. But, of course, there is heavy competition."
- Rivalries 2014 - Djokovic vs. Nadal
- Djokovic, Federer, Nishikori, Raonic Lead Storylines As 2014 Year-End Emirates ATP Rankings Are Published
- Nadal Optimistic Ahead of 2015 Comeback
- Nadal To Miss Remainder of 2014 Season
- Nadal To Play In Rio Open In 2015
- Nadal Sweeps Into Basel QFs; Coric Records Biggest Win Of His Career