BRASIL OPEN 2012
Simon To Make Brasil Open Debut
Sao Paulo, Brazil
by ATP Staff|
World No. 12 Gilles Simon will make his debut at the Brasil Open, to be held in Sao Paulo at the Complexo Desportivo Constâncio Vaz Guimarães from 11-19 February.
The 26-year-old Frenchman won two ATP World Tour titles in 2011, at the Apia International Sydney (d. Troicki) and the bet-at-home Open - German Tennis Championships 2011 in Hamburg (d. Almagro).
Simon is the third player confirmed to play at the Brasil Open along with another tournament debutant, Argentine David Nalbandian, and former World No. 7 Fernando Verdasco, who made his one previous visit in 2005.
"I hope I will have a good tournament in Sao Paulo," said Nalbandian, a member of the Davis Cup team that finished runner-up to Spain last weekend. "I'm aiming to play full 2012 season. I've still got a lot to give."
- Federer Battles Past Simon For Milestone Win
- Simon Sets Federer Clash; Anderson Beats Raonic
- Roland Garros Diary: Roger On Sunday, Sam's Change, Simon Says
- Rosol Reaches First Final In Bucharest; Garcia-Lopez Tops Mayer
- Simon To Challenge Rosol In Semis; Tipsarevic Falls
- Haas Stuns Djokovic; Simon Beats Tipsarevic