BRASIL OPEN 2012
Simon To Make Brasil Open Debut
Sao Paulo, Brazil
by ATP Staff|
World No. 12 Gilles Simon will make his debut at the Brasil Open, to be held in Sao Paulo at the Complexo Desportivo Constâncio Vaz Guimarães from 11-19 February.
The 26-year-old Frenchman won two ATP World Tour titles in 2011, at the Apia International Sydney (d. Troicki) and the bet-at-home Open - German Tennis Championships 2011 in Hamburg (d. Almagro).
Simon is the third player confirmed to play at the Brasil Open along with another tournament debutant, Argentine David Nalbandian, and former World No. 7 Fernando Verdasco, who made his one previous visit in 2005.
"I hope I will have a good tournament in Sao Paulo," said Nalbandian, a member of the Davis Cup team that finished runner-up to Spain last weekend. "I'm aiming to play full 2012 season. I've still got a lot to give."
- Federer Wins Elusive Shanghai Crown
- Federer Faces Simon For Shanghai Crown
- Simon Beats Lopez To Reach Shanghai Final
- Simon Upsets Berdych For Shanghai SF Spot, Meets Lopez Next
- Raonic Fires Into Third Straight Tokyo Final; Improves London Chances
- Raonic Leapfrogs Ferrer In London Battle; Plays Simon In Tokyo SFs