WESTERN & SOUTHERN OPEN
Lipsky/Soares Visit Cincinnati Children's Hospital
by ATP Staff|
Scott Lipsky and Bruno Soares teamed up for the annual Western & Southern Open player visit to the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center. They were joined by WTA players Vania King and Yaroslava Shvedova.
The men's tournament has been played for the benefit of Cincinnati Children's since 1974. From its inception to 1987, the tournament proceeds have supported Treatment Center II. Approximately 11,000 patients were served in the dermatology, audiology, and ear, nose and throat clinics.
From 1987 to the present, funds from the tournament support the Five Plus Clinic, a follow-up program for long-term survivors of childhood cancer. The clinic provides care for patients who have successfully overcome cancer and who require on-going follow-up visits with pediatric specialists.
Donations to Cincinnati Children’s have exceeded $7 million over the past 34 years.
- Isner To Play Entire Emirates Airline US Open Series
- Nadal, Bryans Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- Bryans To Face Pospisil/Sock In Doubles Final
- Fognini Poses Naked For British Cosmopolitan To Raise Male Cancer Awareness
- Bryans Reach Wimbledon Semi-finals
- Bryans Begin Wimbledon Title Defence