WESTERN & SOUTHERN OPEN
Lipsky/Soares Visit Cincinnati Children's Hospital
by ATP Staff|
Scott Lipsky and Bruno Soares teamed up for the annual Western & Southern Open player visit to the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center. They were joined by WTA players Vania King and Yaroslava Shvedova.
The men's tournament has been played for the benefit of Cincinnati Children's since 1974. From its inception to 1987, the tournament proceeds have supported Treatment Center II. Approximately 11,000 patients were served in the dermatology, audiology, and ear, nose and throat clinics.
From 1987 to the present, funds from the tournament support the Five Plus Clinic, a follow-up program for long-term survivors of childhood cancer. The clinic provides care for patients who have successfully overcome cancer and who require on-going follow-up visits with pediatric specialists.
Donations to Cincinnati Children’s have exceeded $7 million over the past 34 years.
- Bryans Rally At Queen's To Lift 90th Trophy
- Reflex Volley Inspires Bryans To "One Of Our Toughest Wins"
- Federer Visits Children At Hospital In Bielefeld
- Nadal, Bryan Brothers First To Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- Nadal's "Special" Moments, Silent Love
- Bryans Edge Frenchmen For 14th Major; Win Second Roland Garros Crown