WESTERN & SOUTHERN OPEN
Lipsky/Soares Visit Cincinnati Children's Hospital
by ATP Staff|
Scott Lipsky and Bruno Soares teamed up for the annual Western & Southern Open player visit to the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center. They were joined by WTA players Vania King and Yaroslava Shvedova.
The men's tournament has been played for the benefit of Cincinnati Children's since 1974. From its inception to 1987, the tournament proceeds have supported Treatment Center II. Approximately 11,000 patients were served in the dermatology, audiology, and ear, nose and throat clinics.
From 1987 to the present, funds from the tournament support the Five Plus Clinic, a follow-up program for long-term survivors of childhood cancer. The clinic provides care for patients who have successfully overcome cancer and who require on-going follow-up visits with pediatric specialists.
Donations to Cincinnati Children’s have exceeded $7 million over the past 34 years.
- Murray, Nishikori Commit To Play Citi Open
- Bryans Keep United States Alive; Brazil Surges Ahead
- Team USA Supports Berger In Glasgow On Quest For Honda Classic Title
- Bryan Brothers Are Quick At The Net In Delray Beach 1R Win
- Nishikori Visits Memphis Children's Hospital
- Milos Raonic Foundation Contributes $30,000 Grant To Canadian Paralympic Committee