PTT THAILAND OPEN 2011
PTT Thailand Open Donates THB 5 Million To Thai Flood Relief Efforts
by ATP Staff|
The top three seeds at the PTT Thailand Open - Andy Murray, Gael Monfils and Gilles Simon - presented the Prime Minister of Thailand, Yingluck Shinawatra, a cheque for THB 5 million (US$ 160,333) on Thursday, on behalf of the ATP World Tour 250 tournament, to help victims of the recent floods in Thailand.
Suwat Liptapanlop, President of the Lawn Tennis Association of Thailand, provided a report on the success of the indoor tournament to the Prime Minister during an official Welcome Ceremony in Bangkok.
More than 170 people have died as a result of nine weeks of heavy rain in the northern region of Thailand. The Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation has stated that about 600,000 households in one-third of the country's 77 provinces have been affected by the floods.
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Clay Season Under Way With Houston, Casablanca
- Federer Saves Swiss Hopes; Monfils Completes French Comeback
- Fognini Inspires Italy To Victory
- Czech Republic Reaches Davis Cup SFs; Great Britain Closes On Historic Victory
- Murray Leads Britain's Davis Cup Bid
- Federer, Wawrinka Spearhead Swiss Challenge