Andy Roddick Foundation
by ATP Staff|
After turning pro in 2000 it took Andy Roddick only one year to turn his sights off the court and onto his community. In 2001 Roddick began the Andy Roddick Foundation (website), a charity dedicated to "Serving Children Today for Tomorrow." The goal of the Andy Roddick Foundation is to improve the quality of life and enhance educational and economic opportunities for all children based on the principles of respect for family, education and morality.
Roddick truly believes that every child needs a support system to allow him to have hope for a bright future. To date the foundation has raised more than $10 million.
The three goals of the Andy Roddick Foundation are:
• To assist organisations that improve children's lives on a daily basis.
• To put racquets in children's hands, not only to teach the game, but also to gain respect for a healthy lifestyle.
• To fund programs that provide opportunities for children to find a stable environment and reach their potential.
The Andy Roddick Foundation is a true example of how a tennis player with a dream to help others in need, and a group of volunteers, can make a big difference in a community. Through a series of galas over the last decade in Boca Raton, FL and Austin, TX the Andy Roddick Foundation has supported the following charities:
Austin Partners in Education
Back to Basics Inc.
Children’s Diagnostic and Treatment Centre
Dell Children’s Medical Centre of Central Texas
A Glimmer of Hope Austin
Kids in Distress
KIPP: Austin Public Schools
Miami Children’s Hospital
Safe Haven for Newborns
The Settlement Home for Children
"The organisations we work with focus on providing the basic necessities of shelter, safety, education and nutrition,” Roddick said. “A Glimmer of Hope, Austin Partners for Education, KIPP: Austin Public Schools, The Settlement Home for Children and our Youth Tennis Program are on the front lines every day, helping at risk youth. Their stories are remarkable and inspirational."
Andy Roddick Youth Tennis Program
The Andy Roddick Youth Tennis Program was developed from the vision of Rene Lacoste, the experience of the Roddick family and the financial support of the Rene Lacoste Foundation and the Andy Roddick Foundation. The goal to bring the health and wellness benefit of tennis to underprivileged children became a reality in the fall of 2007.
Through weekly tennis clinics and mentoring sessions, the Andy Roddick Youth Tennis Program focuses on:
• Nutrition - Making Healthy Choices
• Social, Career & academic potential
• Values for Life
• Speakers Program
• Mentoring Relationships
Students in the program benefit from both the physical and mental competition. They enjoy the challenges and rewards of learning a new sport and gain respect for a healthy lifestyle.
The Andy Roddick Youth Tennis Program gives every child the opportunity to pursue tennis to whatever level they dream.
- WimBelemDon Project Seeks Funds To 'Put Down Roots'
- Nishikori Visits Memphis Children's Hospital
- Milos Raonic Foundation Contributes $30,000 Grant To Canadian Paralympic Committee
- Isner Joins Blake & Bryans To Support Cancer Research
- Cilic To Host 'Marin & Friends' Charity Event In Monte-Carlo
- ATP Announces 'ATP ACES For Charity' Grant Recipients For 2015