Fernando Gonzalez Supports Hogar de Cristo
by ATP Staff|
Fernando Gonzalez is very involved with Chilean charity, Hogar de Cristo. The charity’s mission is to “help bring a change in the social conditions of poor and outcast people...and promote a culture of respect, justice and solidarity.” Hogar de Cristo targets families with a low income and people who suffer from psychological disorders or who don’t have adequate social support networks.
Gonzalez supports Hogar de Cristo throughout the year by donating a portion of all his winnings to the charity for every match he wins.
In 2010, Gonzalez reacted to the devastating earthquake in his home country, by organising ‘Champions for Chile’ which took place at the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami. With the help of Andy Roddick, Jim Courier and Gustavo Kuerten, Gonzalez raised $125,000 for disaster relief in Chile.
In 2011, Gonzalez has set a goal to start his own foundation.
- Portugal Open Accepts ATP ACES For Charity Grant For Youth Academy
- Djokovic, Tipsarevic Receive ATP ACES For Charity Grants
- Darcis Visits Casablanca Children's Hospital; Anderson Meets Talented Youngsters
- Andy Roddick Foundation Announces New Board of Directors
- Murray To Feature In "Rally Against Cancer" For Hutchins
- Federer Gets Hands On In South Africa