Indian Wells' Champions Volunteer Foundation Awards $140,000 To Non-Profits
Indian Wells, California
The Champions Volunteer Foundation, the primary beneficiary of the BNP Paribas Open, awarded 42 local non-profit organisations a grand total of $140,000 during the 7th annual “Tis the Season To Give” breakfast at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden.
Beneficiaries included Armed Services YMCA 29 Palm, Barbara Sinatra Children's Center, Boys & Girls Club, City of Hope, Habitat for Humanity, Head Start, National Junior Learning Tennis Network and Shelter From the Storm.
Since 2002, The Champions Volunteer Foundation has given more than $1.2 million to charities in the Coachella Valley. The organisation is comprised of more than 1,000 volunteers who donate their time to raise funds for charitable purposes. The Foundation volunteers have also worked the Indian Wells Arts Festival, concerts at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden and the Palm Desert Food & Wine Festival.
- Indian Wells, Dubai & London-Queen's Voted 2014 ATP World Tour Tournaments Of The Year
- Nishikori Visits Memphis Children's Hospital
- Milos Raonic Foundation Contributes $30,000 Grant To Canadian Paralympic Committee
- Isner Joins Blake & Bryans To Support Cancer Research
- Cilic To Host 'Marin & Friends' Charity Event In Monte-Carlo
- Fish To Make Comeback At Indian Wells