Indian Wells' Champions Volunteer Foundation Awards $140,000 To Non-Profits
Indian Wells, California
The Champions Volunteer Foundation, the primary beneficiary of the BNP Paribas Open, awarded 42 local non-profit organisations a grand total of $140,000 during the 7th annual “Tis the Season To Give” breakfast at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden.
Beneficiaries included Armed Services YMCA 29 Palm, Barbara Sinatra Children's Center, Boys & Girls Club, City of Hope, Habitat for Humanity, Head Start, National Junior Learning Tennis Network and Shelter From the Storm.
Since 2002, The Champions Volunteer Foundation has given more than $1.2 million to charities in the Coachella Valley. The organisation is comprised of more than 1,000 volunteers who donate their time to raise funds for charitable purposes. The Foundation volunteers have also worked the Indian Wells Arts Festival, concerts at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden and the Palm Desert Food & Wine Festival.
- ATP Staff Continues Fight Against ALS In #IceBucketChallenge
- Ice, Ice Djokovic Completes #IceBucketChallenge
- Djokovic, Nadal, Federer Nominated In #IceBucketChallenge
- Fognini Poses Naked For British Cosmopolitan To Raise Male Cancer Awareness
- Federer Visits Children's Hospital
- Federer: Portrait Of An Artist