Del Potro Meets Young Athlete In LA Charity 'Meet & Greet'
Los Angeles, U.S.A.
Juan Martin del Potro met with young athlete, Javier Monroy, at the Farmers Classic on Thursday, as part of a 'Meet & Greet' charity program, organised on behalf of the Latino Business Council of San Juan Capistrano Chamber of Commerce, in conjunction with the Orange County Community Network.
Los Angeles resident Monroy, an avid footballer, who is keen to learn more about tennis, was accompanied to the ATP World Tour 250 hard-court tournament by Sarah Anderson, his volunteer coach, local sports activist and tennis teacher.
Del Potro, the 2008 titlist and second seed this week, met Monroy and Anderson outside the players' lounge, where he answered some of their questions. The former World No. 4 also gave Monroy one of his wristbands, which he had autographed.
The Latino Business Council of San Juan Capistrano Chamber of Commerce, in conjunction with the Orange County Community Network is an organisation focused on giving children more sports opportunities, partnering local events with locals sports organisations that target under-served Latino communities.
- Del Potro Awarded Indian Wells Wild Card
- Watch Del Potro's Underwater Rehabilitation
- Nishikori Visits Memphis Children's Hospital
- Milos Raonic Foundation Contributes $30,000 Grant To Canadian Paralympic Committee
- Isner Joins Blake & Bryans To Support Cancer Research
- Cilic To Host 'Marin & Friends' Charity Event In Monte-Carlo