Let's Make Tennis Matter For Kids
by Press Release|
Tennis is a great sport and Tennis Canada want to bring it to youth across the country, through our charity Tennis Matters, because we think it’s a fun way for kids to get exercise while building important character.
Donations are immediately put to good work by providing schools and parks in communities across Canada with the tools they need to develop young interest in the sport by making the game both easier and accessible – with smaller portable tennis courts, softer balls and smaller racquets – in fact if there’s a playground, we can make it a tennis court for kids!
And what’s more, gifts are matched by our Tennis Canada Ambassadors - Ruth & Douglas Grant, Tom Kierans, Linda Glover & Ian De Verteuil, Andy Pollack & Judy Winberg and Nancy & John McFadyen.
Our matching Ambassadors love this game and want to see tennis as a sport for all, which means a $100 donation is actually worth $200 to local schools and parks!
And every donation is invested right back into the community:
• $25 provides a young child with their first “kid-sized” tennis racquet and balls
• $50 trains a volunteer community coach
• $100 delivers a tennis league program for a child in a disadvantaged neighbourhood
• $250 sponsors a fun, mini-tennis tournament at a community court
• $500 provides bursaries for families who are unable to afford clubs and lessons
• $1,000 supplies enough equipment and training to launch a tennis program in a school
• $2,500 outfits an entire community or tennis club with “kid-sized” racquets, balls and nets
We want to see kids on the courts, getting fit and having fun. Together, let’s show our kids that in Canada Tennis Matters!
Donate now by visiting www.lovemeansnothing.ca/tennisforkids.
- WimBelemDon Project Seeks Funds To 'Put Down Roots'
- Nishikori Visits Memphis Children's Hospital
- Milos Raonic Foundation Contributes $30,000 Grant To Canadian Paralympic Committee
- Isner Joins Blake & Bryans To Support Cancer Research
- Cilic To Host 'Marin & Friends' Charity Event In Monte-Carlo
- ATP Announces 'ATP ACES For Charity' Grant Recipients For 2015