PTT Thailand Open Racquet Drive
For the past three years, the PTT Thailand Open has conducted a racquet donation drive for underprivileged kids. The last two years have been in conjunction with title sponsor PTT Public Co. Ltd.
People are urged to donate their old or unwanted tennis racquets at more than 20 PTT stations around the greater Bangkok metropolitan area and they receive two tickets to the tournament for each racquet donated. They also go into a draw to win one of 10 new racquets autographed by top players competing in that year’s PTT Thailand Open. Players who have donated and signed rackets include Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Gilles Simon, Juan Martin del Potro, Fernando Verdasco, Viktor Troicki and Thailand’s Danai Udomchoke. PTT collects all the donated racquets, Wilson restrings and regrips them all for free, and the racquets are then donated to schools around Bangkok and surrounds.
- WimBelemDon Project Seeks Funds To 'Put Down Roots'
- Nishikori Visits Memphis Children's Hospital
- Milos Raonic Foundation Contributes $30,000 Grant To Canadian Paralympic Committee
- Isner Joins Blake & Bryans To Support Cancer Research
- Cilic To Host 'Marin & Friends' Charity Event In Monte-Carlo
- ATP Announces 'ATP ACES For Charity' Grant Recipients For 2015