LEGG MASON TENNIS CLASSIC
Legg Mason Tennis Classic Named D.C.'s Top Sporting Event
by ATP Staff|
The Legg Mason Tennis Classic, an ATP World Tour 500 tournament, has been named the No. 1 sporting event in Washington D.C. for a third straight year.
“This men’s tennis tournament brings in some of the world’s top players and features a surrounding week of parties, exhibitions, and charity events,” wrote BizBash, which also rated the State Of The Union Address, Kennedy Center Honours and the National Cherry Blossom Festival first in their respective categories on their list of Washington’s Top 100 Events of 2011.
“These annual gatherings make a big impact on their respective industries and communities (and on the city) while innovating to stay on top.”
“Each year we strive to raise the bar in providing the very best fan experience possible,” said Tournament Director Jeff Newman. “Being recognised as D.C.’s top sporting event for the third straight year by such a reputable publication as BizBash is a testament to that, resulting from an on-going collective effort by our staff, sponsors, volunteers and most importantly the loyalty of our fans.”
This year’s Legg Mason Tennis Classic will be held from 30 July - 5 August at the William H.G. Fitzgerald Tennis Center.
- Raonic Edges Hewitt in Washington; Johnson Saves 2 MPs To Beat Karlovic
- Pospisil Topples Berdych To Reach Washington QFs
- Nishikori Overcomes Querrey, Raonic Edges Sock In Washington
- Top Seed Berdych Claims Opener in Washington; Isner Falls To Johnson
- Berdych, Nishikori Watch Manchester United In Washington
- Hewitt Defeats Matosevic In Washington; Tomic Falls