ATP WORLD TOUR 2012 - WEEK 5
Baghdatis-Youzhny Upset Erlich-Ram In Zagreb Semis
by ATP Staff|
Baghdatis and Youzhny saved all five break points against their serves, and broke the Israeli pair three times to advance to the final in one hour and four minutes. The Cypriot and Russian will face wild cards Ivan Dodig and Mate Pavic for the title.
Mahut and Roger-Vasselin won 84 per cent of their service points and broke their opponents twice in each set to advance in just 48 minutes.
The Frenchmen will appear in their first ATP World Tour final together, having won four titles on the ATP Challenger Tour. Mahut has captured three doubles titles in eight tour-level finals, while Roger-Vasselin will make his title match debut.
After dropping the second set, the Portuguese-Spanish tandem dominated the Match Tie-break to claim victory in one hour and 40 minutes. Gil and Gimeno-Traver are each looking to win their first ATP World Tour title.
In the final they will face fourth seeds Pablo Andujar and Carlos Berlocq, who defeated Joao Souza and Horacio Zeballos 3-6, 6-4, 10-6 in 89 minutes. Berlocq had earlier reached the singles final, and will challenge for his second ATP World Tour doubles title. The 26-year-old Andujar is through to his second doubles final after finishing runner-up at the Brasil Open last year (w/ Gimeno-Traver).
- Fyrstenberg/Matkowski Clinch Last Final Showdown Spot
- Mirnyi/Tecau Edge Closer To London Qualification With Paris SF Spot
- Marrero/Verdasco & Qureshi/Rojer Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- London Bids End For Murray/Peers & Huey/Inglot In Paris Openers
- Huey/Inglot Win Second ATP World Tour Team Title At Basel
- Del Potro To Face Federer In Repeat Of 2012 Basel Final