ATP WORLD TOUR 2012 - WEEK 5
Top Doubles Seeds Fall In Montpellier & Zagreb
by ATP Staff|
Frenchmen Nicolas Mahut and Edouard Roger-Vasselin upset top seeds Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchins 7-5, 7-5, breaking the British duo once in each set, to advance to the Open Sud de France semi-finals Thursday in Montpellier.
Mahut and Roger-Vasselin are playing together for just the second time in tour-level competition. They won a pair of Futures titles together in 2003 and three straight Challenger titles on home soil in 2010.
At the PBZ Zagreb Indoors, second-seeded Israelis Jonathan Erlich and Andy Ram moved through to the semi-finals by beating Daniele Bracciali and Lukas Rosol 7-5, 7-6(4). They go onto face Marcos Baghdatis and Mikhail Youzhny, who followed up their second-round victories in the singles draw earlier Thursday by joining forces to defeat Germans Benjamin Becker and Alexander Waske 7-6(3), 7-5 in the doubles quarter-finals.
In Vina del Mar, top seeds Andre Sa and Bruno Soares teamed for a 5-7, 6-3, 10-8 win over Igor Andreev and Jeremy Chardy in the VTR Open first round. They go onto face Santiago Giraldo and Maximo Gonzalez, who defeated Rogerio Dutra Silva and Diego Junqueira 7-6(7), 6-2.
Meanwhile, Frederico Gil and Daniel Gimeno-Traver edged No. 3 seeds David Marrero and Pere Riba 6-7(5), 6-4, 10-8 to reach the semi-finals. Fourth seeds Pablo Andujar and Carlos Berlocq also advanced to the semi-finals, beating Brazilians Thomaz Bellucci and Marcelo Melo 6-4, 7-6(7).
- Fyrstenberg/Matkowski Clinch Last Final Showdown Spot
- Mirnyi/Tecau Edge Closer To London Qualification With Paris SF Spot
- Marrero/Verdasco & Qureshi/Rojer Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- London Bids End For Murray/Peers & Huey/Inglot In Paris Openers
- Huey/Inglot Win Second ATP World Tour Team Title At Basel
- Dodig/Melo & Granollers/Lopez Qualify For Final Showdown