ATP WORLD TOUR 2012 - WEEK 8
French Pair Advances To Marseille Final
by ATP Staff|
The Frenchmen capitalised on four of six break point opportunities and saved all three against their serves to lock up the semi-final victory in just 59 minutes.
Mahut and Roger-Vasselin lifted their first tour-level team title at the Open Sud de France in Montpellier (d. Hanley-Murray) earlier this month. They captured three trophies on the ATP Challenger Tour in 2010.
Spanish pair Fernando Verdasco and David Marrero advanced to the Copa Claro final on Friday, defeating Eric Prodon and Horacio Zeballos 7-6(5), 6-3 in Buenos Aires. Verdasco and Marrero won 74 per cent of their first service points and converted three of five break point opportunities to claim victory in one hour and 25 minutes.
- Bryans Edge Frenchmen For 14th Major; Win Second Roland Garros Crown
- Llodra/Mahut Close To Ending French Drought
- Roland Garros Diary: Cupid Roger, Producer Gael
- Roland Garros Diary: No Pressure On Rafa; Roddick Turns Pundit
- Gulbis Wins Second Delray Beach Title
- Roger-Vasselin Stuns Isner To Reach First Final; Gulbis Edges Haas In Delray Beach