ATP WORLD TOUR 2012 - WEEK 8
Mirnyi-Nestor Reach Memphis Final; Bhupathi-Bopanna Upset In Marseille
by ATP Staff|
The top seeds broke the Americans twice in the second set to advance to their second final of the year. Mirnyi and Nestor are bidding to win their sixth team trophy, having started their season by triumphing at the Brisbane International (d. Melzer-Petzschner). In the final, they will face the first-time pairing of Ivan Dodig and Marcelo Melo.
The German-French duo hit 19 aces, and saved five of the six break points they faced to reach their first team final in one hour and 35 minutes. They are appearing in their second tournament together, having bowed out in the first round of the Qatar ExxonMobil Open at the start of the season n Doha.
In the Match Tie-break, Mertinak and Sa hit 100 per cent of their first serves in play, winning six of seven points to claim victory in one hour and 46 minutes. The Slovak-Brazilian tandem finished runner-up to Eric Butorac and Bruno Soares last week at the Brasil Open 2012 in Sao Paulo.
- Dodig/Melo Complete Doubles Field At Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- Nishikori To Meet Tsonga In Third Round
- Lucky Losers Herbert/Przysiezny Win Tokyo Doubles Title
- Doubles Description: Dodig/Melo
- Doubles Description: Zimonjic/Nestor
- Challenger Spotlight: Carreno Busta Stays Undefeated With Sevilla Crown